Where are the goals coming from?

He was given more of a chance than what Abraham and Williams have before you’ve written them off :grinning:

4 Likes

Nice you agree with something logical for a change lol. Yep. Totally wrong decision. Probably not driven by Flynn but by the ‘financial agreement’ dangled in front of Arthur Daley

How pathetic. You know that many of those were sub appreances. Some lasting literally minutes

Hardly. It looks the wrong decision at the moment due to him outscoring Williams after 7 league games. Who knows whether it will be the wrong decision come the end of the season.

Regarding other things you post - I find it very hard to agree with most of it. But hey, thats the beauty of a forum, to share and discuss opinions (conflicting and agreeing) :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Rodney has played for 8 clubs and averages a season at each of them. Seems other managers didn’t rate him either

2 Likes

Nice one. We may not always agree like you say.

1 Like

Gillingham have scored 0 (nil, zero, nada) goals in their last 7 games

1 Like

I both felt Rodney had potential while agreeing that he did not do much when he came on. Remember he was carrying an injury.

I suspect that Flynn either thought he was not a good fit in terms of character or simply had targets (e.g. Johnson) and needed to offload a few players.

1 Like

Also the position he favoured was on the right hand side the same as Wilkinson. So opportunity to get money back for him tbh seemed a sensible move

Not very sensible tbh when u replace Rodney with Abraham / Douglas James. Awful decision I would say

I think that some of this criticism is unfair. I believe that Flynn talked to players like Grigg and Norwood in the summer. The fact that both used Walsall to secure leverage with clubs higher up the football pyramid is not surprising, but it is not Flynn’s fault.

I like DJ but Flynn has normally had a big man up top. Bogle’s move to Newport is in character with their style of play.

The fact that Miller was able to get £5k a week from Doncaster tells you how difficult it is for Flynn.

I think that had Rico joined Leeds or got called up for England, we might have had a bigger budget to work with.

Flynn’s signings have been pragmatic and even Newport fans said that his recruitment policy was a little hit and miss (like most clubs).

Flynn has been hamstrung by Labadie and Wilkinson (our two biggest earners) being injured. Add starters like Riley, Gordon and even McEntee to this, and he is doing okay, all things considered. I don’t think Comley and Daniels are 100% fit and Earing is another who is building back up to full fitness. That’s 8 of many fans’ starting elevens!

My guess is that Flynn Clarke returned because Maher has stepped up. If he gets some game time between now and January, I can see the club cashing in, so that we can go a bit higher on wages in January.

Flynn cuts a frustrated figure right now and the fixtures in September are not easy at all.

However, if Williams or Knowles (or even Cashman!) can get their scoring boots on, they might go on a run…

As a Walsall supporter, I certainly hope that we can start getting the rub of the green soon, so that we can build confidence and get the feel good factor returning to the Poundland Bescot!

8 Likes

Rodney so good they have had to bring two addition strikers in lol

1 Like

Rodney was the bestest forward ever! And Gordon was, so there!!!

Rodney will be sold to Brentford in January to replace Toney moving to another premier club, stupid Walsall for not forseeing this!

1 Like

Ooh good, hope we included a massive sell on clause in Rodney’s transfer to Rochdale just in case :wink::rofl::rofl:

Flynn clearly didn’t rate Rodney. He hardly played him and when he did he wasn’t much to write home about.
If he does well somewhere else then good luck to him, but it’s not ever going to be a massive cock up by Flynn.
Nothing really to see here

4 Likes

We were after both players at different points in time from what i heard then we went for Johnson

Another thread that makes my headache :grinning: Rodney came and went in a few months. None of us had time to assess him but why anyone would want to write about him now is beyond me. Let’s look forward and hope that others step forward and get the goals we need .

6 Likes

Because some folk like to find a stick to beat the club with.

3 Likes

Given Gillingham haven’t scored this season it baffles me that they weren’t pushing the boat out for Devante Rodney on transfer deadline day. What with him being a prolific striker and all.

3 Likes

Yep, Rodney will soon be gracing the bench at Brentford.
He could sit next to The Os.