Where’s the Adebayo money gone?

Thought I might as well start this thread now.

8 Likes

Test bore hole drilling

5 Likes

Ultimately depends how much we recieve.

£10 - £500,000 = Pay for Johnsons wages for 2 years and put the rest into the club for the losses we made last year.

£500,000 - 1m = DJ/Losses/Mortgage payment towards the ground

1m+ = All of the above plus a couple of extra quality signings

2 Likes

Or how about the more likely scenario that none of it is invested and it simply ‘disappears’.

Thought you might pop up without a tiny hint of positivity :joy:

4 Likes

Boring.

3 Likes

Right here…

4 Likes

How do we know we are getting any money??

11/07/22

LP “If he ends up in the Premiership, it’ll be the best move we ever made”

5 Likes

Wow get out of that one LP :smile:

3 Likes

Well it depends on whether it is a payment for a transfer to a Premier League Club or whether it is payment based on Luton getting promoted.I think it is the latter and LP said it was on the same basis as the Henry deal, if so it could be as much as a million.

2 Likes

That’s a positive. Gonna be difficult to get out of this one

All the new ownership can do is change perceptions.

Give Sadler whatever is coming in for Adebayo to sign a proven striker for the actual season rather than the half and half agreement for DJ last year.

2 Likes

There is none unless he is sold.

Not a massive amount Pomlett putting his foot in it again he should have said if he’s sold to a Premier league club fooking clown

Also known as doing a Jeff.

1 Like

I’m Still waiting for us to spend the Rico money :woozy_face:

2 Likes

The money will go into the ‘infrastructure’ and we won’t see the team improve.

7 Likes

Just to be very clear, based on a couple of comments above, no transfer money has ever “disappeared” at Walsall FC. All transfer monies will have been dealt with through the accounts and will be disclosed as such, notwithstanding that there is a level of obfuscation which has always meant that viewers of the accounts can’t work out exactly where this income is shown. Where has that money gone? Infrastructure, making a small profit each year at a club which, otherwise, might be unsustainable.

The same will apply to this money, sadly. Last accounts showed a loss of over £700,000. If we get, say, £500,000 for Adebayo, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was used to alleviate that loss. Not sexy, not what we want to see but, from a purely business point of view, it would make some sense. Another argument is using some to “speculate to accumulate” on the basis that a season with play-offs or, even better, promotion would generate significant extra income. Which way Trivela decide to go will depend on their attitude to risk and reward, I guess.

9 Likes

In my view we simply have to speculate to accumulate Shrops - otherwise we’ll remain mired in the bottom half of the fourth division forever. If we don’t we may as well still be under the dead hand of bonsor

6 Likes