Which Away Ground Have You Been To The Most

Chesterfield

Prenton Park

Remember going to Vale and Wunderers as a nipper . with me dad pushing me to the front , where the pitch was at eye level. Any grounds like that now?

Also went to Charlton’s Valley Ground before they done it up. Never seen an open terrace as big in my life.

Probably Bramall Lane. Went there every season between 2012-16 and also randomly saw Portsmouth there.

Two defeats and two draws I think. Pompey also lost. Missed the epic win there in November 2016. Would imagine 5-6 of Blade’s fantasy prem 11 probably played in that, can remember Etheridge saving a Billy Sharp penalty right at the end.

My second most visited ground is Rushall Olympic’s Dales Lane. Like to get there whenever Walsall aren’t playing. Great people at the club.

3 Likes

Vale park too many times. What a shithole.

3 Likes

Saltergate also Exeter

Yeah, I’d forgotten that one, another with multiple visits including two of my very favourite matches, the quarter final and also the “Robins” game in the first match of 2000-01.

I wonder how many on here have seen us at Fellows Park more often than at Bescot? Must be a few.

I would be in that category , Bescot had barely been built when I left the UK, my last full season was 91/92.

After Fellows Park the ground I visited most was the Recreation Ground home of Bashley FC in the New Forest.

Following Walsall away it could be anyone of a number Vale Park , Gay Meadow , Meadow Lane, Boundary Park, County Ground (Swindons Version) Ashton Gate and Eastville .

All the local-ish ones for me, Shrewsbury, Vale, Crewe over 5+ times

Thinking of all the away days I’ve been on though, there’s definitely a lot more in the North than South and always prefer away games up North

Preston, Bolton, Oldham, Bury, Blackpool, Sheff U are all ones I’ve done on more than a couple of occasions

1 Like

Boundary Park and Wembley Stadium - 9 times
Brammall Lane and Gresty Road - 7 times
Bet365, County Ground, Priestfield and Sixfields - 6 times

I have been to so many shite grounds on too many occasions…wouldn’t change it for the world :rofl:

1 Like

Oh if you are doing it that way, Mine must be Daisy Hill, Atherton LR and Atherton Colls. Been them loads and loads of times. Especially Daisy Hill. Their home match nights are Monday. I go most of them.

1 Like

Used to go and watch Atherton Colls if I got chance when I lived in that area.

1 Like

Drew with Barrow last night. Less than 500 there. Thought they would get more than that. If you have not been to Colls for a bit you will be shocked when you see Formby Hall next door no longer there.

I did here it was going. Moved from up there in 2016.

1 Like

1 Like

Springfield Stadium, St Helier.

Highlights include the inter-insular Muratti v Guernsey, Portuguese v Scottish in the Jersey Combination and Gibraltar v Ynys MĂ´n in the Island Games.

A really lovely place to watch obscure football.

2 Likes

Can you be a little more precise Rob please …:laughing:

3 Likes

I hope I’m not the only one who had to Google “Crown Oil Arena”.

Who doesn’t know it’s Rochdale’s ground? :rofl: