Who do you / we despise and why - Football clubs that is

I don’t really ‘hate’ any team. There’s a few teams I don’t particularly like. But (obviously swimming against the tide) I do like Man utd, they have always been my second team since Law, Charlton & Best. I did have a couple of years between 16 & 18 where I used hitchhike all round the country to watch them,then I came back to Supporting WFC.

My hate list - Local:
Sloppies - always been our local rivals;
Vale - always been our local rivals;
Wolves - entitled dog heads
Blues - scum fans
Coventry- rent dodgers and entitled fan base

National:
Barnsley - families from their … strangle club
Salford - Always get selected for tv becuase of the 92.
MK Dons - shouldnt exist
Wrexham - jealously in part but the gushing on the tv show is sickening.

Vale have to top it for me. Since I’ve been going I’d say it’s been the most consistent rivalry we’ve had.

Wolves are just a nauseating fan base. No matter where you go, you’ll see a dog head on someone’s car. Never known a fan base to plaster their colors literally anywhere and everywhere. Cringiest of them all.

I’ve witnessed more trouble at Shrewsbury the last few times we’ve played them than I have anywhere else. I don’t know if that relates to our level of hatred towards them or vice versa or both. But I personally find their fans are far less irritating than the two mentioned prior and don’t really care about them until we actually play them.

I don’t hate Stockport but should we both reach play offs and play each other, I can imagine that could get quite nasty after our last game and some kind of rivalry to form there.

Then there’s your MK Dons, Salfords and Wrexhams for obvious reasons which have already been mentioned.

1 Like

Hate Wolves, grew up in a West Brom supporting family. I was born at the Manor but my Dad always pushed me to support Walsall as my hometown team rather than West Brom where he was still a season ticket holder.

Despise Reading. Walking back to the train when we played the play off final and one of them decided to lash out at my Dad in frustration.

Not a football club but I despise the England Football Team Band.

Went to England vs Australia at Upton Park when Wayne Rooney made his debut and we lost 3-1. Bunked off from sixth form to get down there to realise I had the unfortunate pleasure to be sitting near the band. Throughout the game the were constantly moaning ‘You’re not singing loud enough’, ‘Why should we play if you can’t be arsed to sing’ etc. When we went 3-1 down they (or their hangers on) started getting physical with fellow England fans so I’ve despise them ever since.

Man United are my most hated.
Shrewsbury
Liverpool
Newcastle

Plus everybody else more or less equally but I quite like Spurs, and Arsenal since Wenger took over, and I don’t mind Wolves or Albion too much. I used to get irritated by Wolves fans but not having listened to the phone-in on WM for about 20 years that has faded away. The ones I know are fine.

Have to agree with @TheHassBoss about bands at football, the death pelanty is surely not too harsh for anyone who plays any kind of instrument or drum at a match.

Am developing a strong dislike for Mansfield

6 Likes

The Carlisle match is going to tasty !!!

2 Likes

I had exactly the same discussion with my daughter at weekend - she then went on to give me teams and I proceeded to detail my petty reasons.

As a Saddler based for the vast majority of my life in Hednesford and Cannock, Wolves will always raise my heckles - just their vastly superior attitude, not just to us but most teams.

Fail, Stjoke and the Sloppies get honourable mentions but also a real dislike of both Bristol clubs.

Coventry, a delusionally entitled fan base and the city is frankly full of cock heads. You can add Swindon into the entitled for no apparent reason mix.

Out of the locals Villa are by far the worst. Wolves/Albion/Blues etc never bothered me much but Villa are basically the Man Utd of the Midlands. The grounds half full of freaks from the east Midlands with dodgy accents for a start. I used to like the Villa when I was about
6 thankfully that instantly disappeared when my dad took me to a proper game of football down the Bezzla :grinning:

Port Vale and Shrewsbury, obviously.

Another irrational one into the mix is Sheff Utd, along with the knobber Chris Wilder.

2 Likes

Had a fight with a Wolves fan once. He was an arrogant prick at the best of times (his dad was a councilor, which made him think he had some sort of privilege), and he couldn’t get his head around it when I tried to tell him that they had never won the European Cup, as he was claiming, so he launched himself at me.

From where did he get the idea that they had? :laughing:

I have heard many of them say they invented the European Cup.

1 Like

They beat Honved remember…in a friendly :wink:

1 Like

Should have added some are so thick they don’t know the difference!!!

Not a clue, only thing I can think of is them reaching the UEFA Cup final.

1 Like

I always ask a dingle how they got on in the away legs? Always throws them.
Home advantage was aided by waterlogging the pitches, so the European teams couldn’t play their passing games.

Shrewsbury Port Vale Wrexham its a seventies thing ,if you were there you will know.

4 Likes

Having lived uup North for most of my adult life I cannot even think about ‘hating’ the Midlands teams in general. However I really do hate the fact that shitty little Salford with their small number of cardboard fans and awful lego ground, get such drooling/addoration from all the TV channels just because they are owned by overpaid, oversexed, Ex Manure players who have nothing better to do with their fortunes.
Personally, I have developed a hatred for Everton, whose fans think that they couldn’t possibly ever be relegated “because they are Everton”! condescending bunch of morons! Really pleased at the current state of affairs, but believe me they won’t go down, the brown envelopes will abound and they will suddenly start winning again, trust me.

1 Like

Mansfield

7 Likes

Perhaps he was colour blind and saw the claret and blue as gold and black? :joy: :wink: