Who would you want to keep for next season?

Nailed it! If you can’t score goals you can’t win matches…we can’t score goals!
Our attacking options (HA!) need binning, wouldn’t have one of them for next season…we never look like scoring…bet Notlob are wringing their hands in anticipation of Saturday!

1 Like

Watched Colchester and Grimsby last week tbh neither are great but they looked better than us going forward.Hanson is better than anyone we have for a start.

Norman , Scarr , Kinsella , Holden would be the only must keeps for me .

McDonald maybe . Bates already signed up but he’s got to improve a LOT to make it . Perry is young and deserves a chance even if to me he’s looked lost on his few appearances so far .

Rest can go .

1 Like

Would keep Norman,Scarr ,Kinsella, Bates , Perry , Nolan , Holden McDonald ,Gordon.and Melbourne if possible. Only on our terms though as none are worth being held to ransom for.

Assuming the loan lads are not available I’d want to keep Holden and the kids (Bates, Perry).

Other than that they can all go and I’d genuinely not care one jot.

There could be a spark in Wes if he has a boss who can get it out of him consistently but even him I’m not fussed.

Sorry mate, can’t agree on Gordon, he needs binning too, has lost the plot since he came back from injury, will be a full time plasterer within two years, only playing football on Sunday mornings complete with statutory hangover.

2 Likes

Think a lot depends on getting a decent manager in along with the D O F These player’s admittedly have underperformed and lacked quality but they have not been coached very well , with no style of play whatsoever.
You only really need to have a game plan , a set formation and be organised in this poor league as we’ve seen .

1 Like

Not tall enough for plastering.

Dow they have special stilt like things now?

Yes he might make it.

He would probably still wear football boots to his gig’s and tell the customers that he used to ‘play’ (sorry for swearing) pro football once.

Gordon has been a big let down for me this season cant see what he does that warrants a place in the starting 11.All he does is fall over and give silly free kicks away in daft positions when we are on the front foot it completely takes the momentum out of what we are doing watch him you will see what I mean.

7 Likes

Well he won’t be leaving/released as he signed a new long term contract two months ago.

Plenty of mentions of Sadler, 36 and on 100k a year no thanks that’s a good young defender/striker.

Keep Holden , Bates and Perry , also try and keep Melbourne full time. I would also be tapping tapping Villa up for a 12 month loan of Wright.

The rest can go, we need a freshen up.

2 Likes

Spot on.

:+1:t2: I’d also be on the phone to Villa, Wolves and Albion as we speak pleading for a few loans ready for the summer.

Hopefully the DOF might unlock that door.

1 Like

I will say one thing for this current crop of players - while they’re not the most technically gifted, and christ we’ve got bugger all hint of attacking menace, they all run their balls off and you can’t say “lack of effort”, which is a far cry from some of the players we’ve had in the not too distant past with the toxic relegation team.

Quality is the key thing though, I wouldn’t be adverse to keeping anyone particularly, but we desperately need someone in all 3 phases who can elevate the hardworking ones with that bit of quality or a killer ball - an Andy Butler/Oztumer or Sawyers/Bradshaw type spine.

I worry about our relationships with the big clubs now, we’ve not done a lot with their loans the last few years! Whitney had Tyler Roberts on the bench more often than not, and now he’s in the prem :joy:

1 Like

I personally would KEEP Brain Dutton, Gamble and Mole as far away from this club for ever and ever amen.

We should have cashed in on him when he was looking good.

1 Like