Who would you want to keep for next season?

The club wouldn’t be stupid enough to keep Gordon AND lavery would they???

This IS a club being managed by Marley & Marley after all.
Who needs new strikers when we have this duo on the books, after all they might do better next season eh?

At this point the only person I don’t want is Dutton. As long as the is resolved quickly (anything later than Tuesday is pathetic) as the decision should already be made.
If that happens I am happy to take it from there.

They will all talk of staying due to the impact of Covid, let’s be honest, most of our squad will struggle to get a club based on performances this year. Holden apart the current crop of anything decent was picked off in January.

What I would like to see next season with the addition of Mr Fullerton is to be involved in the recruitment of players early.I’m sure most on here are pretty sick of ending up with the bits at the bottom of the bag I know I am,and it’s always so predictable with the signings we make,I wasn’t surprised when I stayed up till almost midnight to find out we signed Osei Yaw as a replacement for Adebayo for example.We need to be linked with good players I’m not asking for massive head turning signings but ones that show intent ones that make you sit up in your seat when you here it and think wow that makes a change for Walsall.If Leigh and Jamie carry on with poor signings and keep Brian in charge I feel this club will lose even more of it’s already waining support.

3 Likes

James Clarke back to Bristol Rovers seems a thing on social media, so count him out.

Shame really I’d have liked to have gave him another year as part of the spine of the team he’s played really well since his return.

James Clarke will not resign for us I’m adamant. Wes get rid… good first season bad second season.

1 Like

Play for Barton or Dutton.

Barton stubbed his cigarette out on a youth team player at Man City, he nearly blinded a teammate in a training incident (Dabo?) and has shown himself to be the type of person who sees Morrissey (in his current, delapidated guise) as a role-model.

A despicable human-being. You might as well have Lee Hughes as manager if you are suggesting that Barton is someone that you would want anywhere near Walsall Football Club.

I didn’t say I’d want him at Walsall, but if I was a player i would certainly choose to play for Barton over Dutton.

1 Like

Closed-minded opinion.

Read his autobiography, it won many awards.

1 Like

Ye cus Dutton wouldn’t threaten to punch your lights out if you didn’t play well :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Ironically, his teammate at QPR (Shaun Derry) would be a decent shout.

Quite a dirty player but an infinitely better role-model, in my view.

I agree that Barton achieved a lot in the game; however, there is more to management than this and I fully expect that this perspective will be borne out in the seasons to come…

1 Like

You are entitled to your opinion, @Jamessaddler and I am entitled to mine.

I am very open-minded to different people’s views; however, there is very little that anyone can say to change my opinion on the likes of Lee Hughes and Joey Barton…

I dare say that there are others who would share this viewpoint as well…

2 Likes

I never said you weren’t mate and can understand the view 100% . Honestly give his auto a read mate it sheds a lot of light on him as a person.

1 Like

Yes Derry a great shout as well. Think someone’s mentioned it before.

Fair enough, James, perhaps I will.

I admire his passion and I know that he is a ‘complex’ character who thinks about politics and wider issues more than the average stereotypical footballer.

All I want for my football club is to have players that seem to care. Events over this season have left me feeling extremely disenchanted with Walsall Football Club.

2 Likes

His past is his past, but as a manager he’s done really well in all fairness. He had Fleetwood punching well above their weight.

I actually think he knows his stuff, I’d expect Bristol Rovers to be right up there next season.

Barton is a bully who masquerades as some sort of complex character because he read books in jail and thinks listening to Morrissey is clever.

Coward of a bloke. Attacked a youth player with a cigar, a 15 year old and from memory as a player targeted the likes of Morton Gamst Pederson and Sergio Aguero .

One of the last people id want involved in our club. Wasn’t long ago he was fighting with another manager anyway and he’ll do it again and again.

3 Likes

Guessing Clarke’s family are based still in Bristol and he really signed because DC was here so no shock to me and Bristol Rovers will certainly have a bigger budget next season so same league but bigger salary sounds completely logical.