Wilkinsons goal

Yes - that Kevin Wilson goal was virtually replicated by Brett Angell a few years later at home to Grimsby.

That Grigg volley and Demontangacs third against Southend also bosters and maybe top ten worthy.

2 Likes

Oh yes, Big Bad Brett just before Chrimbo 2001 against Grimsby, I’d forgotten that.

Who was the Tom Bennett goal against, when he shot along the ground, the keeper had it covered, then it hit a divot and leapt over him and into the net. Always nice to see a proper comedy goal.

1 Like

What was the Junior one like? I would have been there but have no memory of it. Years later I saw him playing for the Danish team Randers in a match against Copenhagen.

I think Dobson against Northampton deserves a mention too. Flowing counter attack, nice first time finish and the amazing celebrations afterwards.

1 Like

That’s a great clip with an added extra - I’ve just :rofl: seen why one of my sons had mud on his shoes… and no he’s not “carrier bag man”

4 Likes

Apologies, I’m not on Twitter, can I find the clip anywhere else? Many thanks in advance

I’m suprised Steve Coricas goal against the Albion has not been mentioned.

Our 3rd that day is probably the best team goal I have seen

3 Likes

For me the only thing that could have made wilkinsons goal any better would be the occasion eg play off game.
Last minute of the game 3-2 down other teams defending for there lives and we seem to be having no luck, just had a blatant penalty shout waved away , our sub who’s already scored two flicks the ball over his head edge of the box and smashes it into the top corner with his weak foot in a goal which would be shown over and over if it was Messi is just simply pure class. One of my fav ever. Beats a long hit drive from 30 yards any day of the week

Wasn’t that Jorge’s goal?

I was front row behind the goal that day. Think it was a cross from Ishy but he struck it with so much power it just flew in top corner no problem.

Yeah was at Swindon a few years back and Oztumer hit two different but incredible strikes. First lobbing keeper from halfway line and then second he just calmed side volleyed in a long crossfield punt first time. Still miss the other guy, he also hit a nice free kick into top corner on his debut v Wimbledon.

Mantom also hit one top corner v Wigan in the near promotion season from 25 yards.

2 Likes

The 3rd was but Coricas was the flick over the shoulder and half volley into top corner

1 Like

I’ve just gone back and clicked on it and now realise why you can’t see it, I did once venture on twitter many years ago and got off it quickly after about 5 posts, in one of my posts I described Andy Carroll’s hair style as being similar to an upturned chip pan and his fans went ballistic, the other one I can remember was a comment/tweet I made to Rufus Hound when he was defending his ‘good friend’ and fellow comedian Jimmy Carr [and I use that term loosely with RH] by saying he contributed a few quid to a luvvies charity so people shouldn’t judge him just because he’d avoided paying tax on £10m. Comments went ballistic from said predominately left wing groupthink luvvies who’s morals must have been developed by a Chinese committee.

2 Likes

Wonderful goal, up there with this Goal of the Season (69/70) from Walsall resident, Tony Brown

There you are. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry missed it

1 Like

I’m sure I saw some interview with Bobby Charlton yonks ago when he was saying that was the best goal he’d ever seen.

A superb goal right up there with the best of them.

Plastic bag man running off to destination unknown makes it even more watchable, brilliant. :rofl:

3 Likes

Having watched it in slow motion the way Wilkinson wrong foots the defender reminds me a bit of Frank Worthington’s goal for Bolton v Ipswich in 1979. I think we witnessed goal of the season yesterday. Right up there with Boli’s overhead kick for me.

4 Likes

Ginnelly against Sunderland anyone?

Anyway who sings the song to our Conor Wilkinson jingle? I have no idea and my daughter asked me!

Ps what a goal!!!

1 Like

Best goal I have ever seen at Bescot has to be Boli against Southend though!

1 Like