Wilkinsons goal

Westcarr v Tranmere

1 Like

Boli’s goal for me - the whole move down the left was a joy, and the cross from Peron (one of the best players to ever play for us) was sublime.

If I recall correctly, that same weekend Trevor Benjamin scored an almost identical goal for QPR.

Anybody have video of the Junior goal - I just can’t recall it?

2 Likes

Beat me to it!

That didn’t sound right, and it isn’t. He was at Cambridge back then.
Trevor Sinclair, however, scored at least one stonker of an overhead for QPR, but it wasn’t the same weekend as Boli (unless he scored more than one, of course, and we might be thinking of different goals). The Sinclair goal against Barnsley was astonishingly good, gets played and talked about quite often, set the standard for overheads.

Yes - it was Sinclair - and I can remember him wearing blue and white stripes - so that must be QPR. Cracking goal alright, but I think Boli’s just edges it. The cross over to Boli actually falls slightly behind him, so he has more to do to correct his body position and still get the shot on target. Definitely a goal that will stick with me forever.

2 Likes

Another one I’d forgotten about till recently is this Mantom one in the nearly season v Wigan

From about 1 min

4 Likes

A minor pitch invasion at the end, yet not a carrier bag to be seen. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not a thunderbolt goal like some of the above but I always enjoy watching Scott Dann’s against Rochdale.

1 Like

One of the worst games ever settled late on by one of the best goals ever.

I seem to recall Richard O’Kelly scoring a similar sort of goal versus Newport at FP, where he lobbed the ball over a defender and then shot into the net. He certainly scored a hat-trick against them, perhaps 83/84 season?

That game was a heartbreaker considering we nearly won it and ended up losing

2 Likes

Wilko said he felt like he had won the champions league after celebrating with the crowd after the goal :joy:.
Certainly a goal worthy of winning a champions league final though .

1 Like

Wilko has quality beyond this level on his day just need him to be more consistent but he’s suffered with injuries a lot since he came here which hasn’t helped I really like him as a player

2 Likes

Trouble is if he was consistent he would not be here long

1 Like

Different angle same outcome !

13 Likes

@Lukeyboy Ginnelly’s goal v Sunderland was a weird one. I wasn’t there but from many camera angles, it doesn’t appear to hit the net. From memory, I think even their GK appealed.

In terms of significance, it cemented PNE’s interest and his departure led to the fall from grace of Luke Leahy. I remember watching his showreel in the Scottish league and he scored some absolute worldies! However, without Ginnelly tracking back, the wheels fell off as we signed a pair of past it crocks and the rest for Keates was like a pair of past it crocs! :joy:

Best individual goal - almost the length of the field before coolly slotting past the keeper, if it’s the one I’m thinking of. Breathtaking.

5 Likes

Not sure if this one’s been said but wasn’t Jorge Leitao against Charlton a good goal? In the cup I think?

1 Like

28 seconds in.

7 Likes

Some interesting videos on that account too.
A couple of UTS ones and some from the games at the end of the 2007 promotion season. Oh for days like those again!! :crazy_face: