Will we stay up?

More chance of plaiting snot

1 Like

It hasn’t escaped my notice that you do seem to be ranting a lot lately Coop,

I can recommend alcohol, yoga and a warm climate to help calm you down

:smile:

Not getting in a decent striker in January has also been an issue.

Pretty sure Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers were bottom 4 in January. Brizzle signed Jonson Clarke-Harris who has been brilliant, scored 10 + for them since joining including 93rd minute winner today which has made them all but safe.

Tyrese Campbell come in at Sloppies and has also scored a few. Another thing I don’t get in a long list of things with DK is that after the Kory Roberts red Rowett was practically offering a couple of loans as an apology.

Harry Soutar and Campbell would’ve been great loan pick ups for the season.

Oteh I’m afraid has made as little impact as Shabiu last season. That’s the gamble with kids who solely play under 21 football now, it’s miles off competitive league football.

1 Like

Having been super optimistic only a couple of days ago, after today I have concluded that we are down.

Same mate . Tried to be optimistic and positive but the last bit has been sucked out of me . They just don’t care do they . Got my Shrewsbury ticket but not sure I could go it will ■■■■ me off to much.

Shrewsbury could be a good opportunity for the protests to be stepped up a gear though.( as long as we are definitely down).

1 Like

If there is any time in between the scrapping :rofl:

2 Likes

I appreciate all help and your advice is sound…

That said, I discovered the hop and grape solution many (many) moons ago so and both have been consumed so far the evening!

Yoga would definitely do me good (advised by Physio after my prolapsed disc problem last year) so I will give it a go!

Warm climate - yes I’d definitely agree with that too but unfortunately it’s gonna be August before I partake in serious sunshine (unless we are blessed in Blighty!)

Given our current plight and state of disarray, I’m remarkably calm (must be the red wine!)

2 Likes

Keates no 1 biggest mistake was not signing a decent goalkeeper. Ive lost count of the awful errors made by liam roberts. This is by the far the easiest position to fill especially with most premier league clubs having at least 4 on the books. Inexcusable incompetence from the club.

6 Likes

I think this is true yep. When the defence lost confidence a lot was put on LR’s shoulders, he then lost confidence which caused the defence to lose more confidence. Without a decent keeper to bring in that has led directly to our downward spiral. There are other elements of course, like a lack of support from CM, poor coaching etc, but just bringing in a confident keeper could have made enough of a difference for 6-9 more points.

2 Likes

I’ve not looked properly at the permutations, but when is the earliest possible point where we can be mathematically relegated?

I just want it to be confirmed as soon as possible now so we can at least get on with looking at the players who might actually have to play a part next season, including some of the academy players.

1 Like

Before today I was really optimistic that we had it in us to stay up.

Now I’m resigned to the fact we’ll go down and without a fight.

4 Likes

The team absolutely did surprise me yesterday.

I didn’t think they could play worse than they did the week before, but they did.

7 Likes

Will we stay up? No

And we don’t deserve to either, we’ve been cack for months.

Think you meant to say for years, instead of months! Absolute no chance of survival, you need guts, desire, motivation, passion mixed with some skill, all unfortunately non existent in our " well run " club. Bonser, Gamble, Mole, Should hang their heads in shame in allowing this decay of our club, also the totally inept managers and players that have arrived over the last few yrs.

Yes your right , but it’s hard to admit that in some ways. You hope there are improvements, lessons learnt from previous mistakes, that there is a real 'philosophy ’ at the club, but the reality is much more dull and saddening.

Gutted its come to this if I’m honest.

1 Like

Anyone just anyone that was at that dire excuse for a football mismatch yesterday would, without doubt, confirm that we ARE relegated. This so called team couldn’t make a decent scrap against a Sunday morning overhung parks pitch team in a local league.
I was however very impressed with MOC’s comments after the match. Didn’t pull any punches whatsoever, 8 or 9 of the time not giving a toss…how true.
Get the feeling he realises we are now 4th Division team and will make wholesale changes for the upcoming dead rubber defeats, think we will lose every match until the end of the season now.

2 Likes

It could be over for us after the Wycombe game.
Which would make the last home game interesting! :thinking:

Always had hope but yesterday destroyed it we are down and deserve it. Nothing from team and cannot see us getting another point playing like that. ( obviously hope I am wrong )

Bar a few teams… league 1 is of a terrible standard this season. ( just shows how bad we are ) . Don’t think we will but I’m astonished that we are still in with a chance of staying up should we beat Southend by some miracle on Friday .