Worst Walsall player in the last 20 years

El Nombre wrote on a previous thread that Andy Williams was one of the worst players he had seen in his 27 years watching the club. I thought that was a bit harsh and came up with 4 recent examples of worse players: Guthrie, Liddell, Osei Yaw and Ash Taylor. Who else over the last 20 years would join this list?

Russell Martin comes to mind

4 Likes

Last time there was a thread like this, someone said Darren Wrack :rofl:

There are a lot to chose from, I will have to have a think about it.

Considering where he had come from and what we were expecting. Russell Martin he ruined Keates’ team

5 Likes

I think Sam Parkin was far worse than Andy Williams. At least Andy Williams scored from the spot when it mattered in the cup game. I seem to recall Parkin missing a couple of penalties.

3 Likes

From recent players probably Rory Gaffney

1 Like

Andrew Barrowman
Jonny Brain

3 Likes

Gary Birch?

Richard McKinney
Kofi Dakinah
Mads Timm
Joe Broad
Gary Liddle
Hayden White
Gary Birch
Michael Husbands
Stuart Sinclair

Just a small sample.

He scored goals in the championship! High bar you’ve got there mate.

1 Like

Michael Ngoo
Troy Hewitt
Aaron McCarey
Gary Liddle

1 Like

About 4

1 Like

Justin Shaibu
Ashley Grimes
Makris

1 Like

Andy Petterson!

9 Likes

Mathieu Manset

3 Likes

N’goo
Barrowman
Timm
Gaffney
Parkin
Brain
McKinney
Makris

3 Likes

Yeah that’s why the question mark, i think i was more disappointed in him than anything, he showed promise but sadly let himself down
Same as Ishy, fantastic player, buggered his career up with his personal life’s antics and even though Taundry was one of our own, i think HE hit the self destruct button

2 Likes

For all round contribution and liability compared to expectation I would throw in Joss Labadie

4 Likes

My worst 11 from who I’ve seen, probably change my mind as soon as other players are mentioned and I’m like oh yeah forgot about him!
. Many recent players as my memory of poor players from early to mid 2000s is shocking lol

McKinnly
White ,ash Taylor ,Liddle ,Chris palmer
Labadie osadebe
Osei-yaw ngoo makris

Agree entirely.

Was with us at a low league level, little to no ability and played awfully, was a liability with silly bookings… would definitely be in my worst 11. Cant think of one redeeming thing about him.

2 Likes