Worst Walsall player in the last 20 years

Because it was your second bite at that particular cherry after after questioning that I thought he was slow. Perish the thought :joy: :joy: :joy:

@Exile It is on topic, Iā€™m discussing Walsall worst player of the last 20 years :+1: That poster is sending abusive messages privately because he doesnā€™t want to put it on here, I think itā€™s fair to respond.

You gave the worst player in 20 years a 6.5/7. Lol

For one game that you just said was his best performance lol

If a user is sending abuse privately it needs to be reported. Keeping on topic isnā€™t an issue here, back and forth bickering is, especially when it leads to ridiculous name-calling.

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s possible over the chat function?

1 Like

The option to send a message to a mod is available even where flagging isnā€™t.

Back on topic, please.

1 Like

One of the few advantages of aging is that the dross merges. While technical ability is important, Iā€™d like to give special mentions to Labadie and Merson though.

In recent times likes of Liddle and Gaffney for sure.

You also get forgettable loans like that Sheron guy but he and a few others were only bit part players, Liddle started loads of games start of 2019 seasons.

Going back aswell when this club was a decent mid table league one club you had Ashley Grimes making loads of sub cameos in 14/15 and Troy Hewitt the season before. These were backup strikers trying to play a part in the club finishing in the play offs and they both dropped off the radar after leaving.

Wasnā€™t Liams fault though he was never played in his favoured RB position.

2 Likes

In terms of disappointment, PƤr Cederqvist comes into that category, especially in the light of his subsequent prolific goal-scoring career.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2003ā€“2004 DjurgĆ„rdens IF 8 (0)
2003 ƅtvidabergs FF (loan) 13 (6)
2004ā€“2006 Ɩsters IF 40 (12)
2006 Raufoss IL 11 (10)
2006ā€“2007 Walsall F.C. 10 (0)
2007ā€“2009 Landskrona BoIS 75 (30)
2010ā€“2012 Jƶnkƶpings Sƶdra IF 68 (26)
2013ā€“2018 IFK VƤrnamo 170 (57)
Total 395 (135)

He is the all-time top goalscorer of Superettan (Swedish first division) as of 2018.

1 Like

Surprised Chris Palmer hasnā€™t been mentioned much, I started looking at this board in early 2008 and he always used to get stick after every disappointing result on the post match threadsā€¦mind you so did Troy Deeney! :joy:

Actually thinking about it one of the worst CFs Iā€™ve seen at this club was Sam Parkin. Given his general scoring record it was a bit like Williams in that he came mid 30s basically unable to move due to many injuries and could only really score penalties.

Macken at least the next season could hold the ball up and set up others in a very poor team.

Merson was a superb player to watch in my opinion.

2 Likes

I pointed this out to @Blazing_Saddler a good while back, that Parkin might have looked like he was mid 30s, or late 50s even, but he was actually 28 years old when we signed him. So he wasnā€™t especially old, just a bit rubbish.

2 Likes

His net contributions to Walsall, as a manager in particular, would have made him a liability even if he was playing like Messi every week imo.

Sad reflection that this thread is so busy after such a short time, showing how much cr@p weā€™ve had

Carlos the Canary was indeed bad , an anti-footballer
Taundry - agree, the Cov away game did for him, but there was a time when he was the bees knees shortly before that
Guthrie - canā€™t agree, when he was good, he was good ā€¦ just not often enough
Mads Tim anyone ?

1 Like

Labadie, did literally nothing apart from pull a salary.

Useless.

5 Likes

And a muscle or two.

5 Likes

And yellow cards out of refereeā€™s pockets

5 Likes

Gafney was awful but for me the title has to go to Jonny Brain.I know he only made 16 appearances but dear god.

1 Like

Its Andy Petterson and its not even close.

4 Likes