Wpm meetings discontinued

Probably for the best these wpm meetings lost there importance with the same questions being answered with same defensive answers. I think the 3 fan focus meetings evenly spread across the season. SHOULD! be alot more effective.

2 Likes

2015-16 was defended by a lot because us not selling anyone was apparently going for it said at the time the big mistake was not strengthening enough in January that cost us not Odismal or Whitney.In other words complacency

If the whole issue is around how the club communicates with the fan base, would it not be more conducive to ask the fan base how they would like to be communicated with?

3 Likes

That would invite all sorts of fifth columnist nonsense now wouldn’t it!

1 Like

At 11.45am on a Monday.

2 Likes

Should be in the evening after work.

7:15pm on a Monday… sure Fred Mumford could make it then.

“WFC are actually as good as any club at communicating”

:joy::joy::joy::joy: “Actually”, my god

5 Likes

In the letter, it says the Trust attended a meeting, and agreed with the decision.
Were ISSA invited, and did they attended?

Oh dear.

Again, regardless of peoples opinions on said meetings this is not a good look. Just poor PR all round. Sigh.

1 Like

The sentence should have read “WFC are actually as good as any club at communicating WFC related business”, in which of course the club has a very small number of clubs to measure against. In fact ; none.

1 Like

Issa where asked to attend. But. Where unable to Do so. Due to short notice

3 Likes

Not an opinion on the rights or wrongs of this, but weren’t the WPMs originally meant to be a forum for communication on practical day to day matters, so that points could be raised and actions initiated? As such, since, in more recent times, questions had become much more about bigger things (freehold, Fullarton, etc), had they drifted too far from their original intention?

3 Likes

I’m sure Ollie will confirm but it reads like both groups were invited to a meeting to be told this and ISSA were unable to attend so the club sent this letter instead?

That is 100 percent correct Steve

1 Like

That is correct…. but the reason they drifted from that intention was because of the lack of fans focus meetings so those questions gradually got asked in WPMs. The club basically caused that by being really slack / non committal about the fans focus and in their absence the fans groups took the only other opportunity they had to ask questions on behalf of the fans.

8 Likes

Thanks for that information. Again, not wishing to give an opinion, the club could therefore justify this based on;

• they will now commit to fans’ forums
  • the wpms have moved away from their original purpose
  • the original purpose of the wpms might almost be satisfied now by having the slo in place, who acts as a focus for the same matters.

Whether all that works is another matter, of course!

And what i will give an opinion on is just how badly that letter is worded. Did pomlett really write that?!

1 Like

Given how he talks in videos… I’d say most certainly yes.

I think it’s another case of bad execution.

If they commit to the regular fans focus meetings and go through them then it will be a good thing long term. Also they need to be open as others have said, not controlled in some way by the club.

But I also think that letter is badly worded and that last sentence is just asking for pelters.

I suspect although it’s signed by Pomlett it was drafted by the same person responsible for advising him on matters and redacting minutes. :thinking:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same. Explains the weird first/third person thing going on!

1 Like

I suspect you’re right in that last paragraph. But who is this advisor? I can’t believe that Gamble would word something so poorly. Could it be a non-exec perhaps?