Wycombe Wanderers (A) Monday 22nd April, 3pm

Looks like 6-2-2 :no_mouth:

One or the other isn’t it ? Devlin played on the Wing for 6 games running earlier in the season.

Either way - it’s so crap that it might work.

1 Like

Seven defenders in a must win game. Normàn, Laird😬 ■■■■ me, O’Conor is making his two predecessors look like Guardiola

1 Like

For what it’s worth, although it’s a terrible line up, if you’re going to play that then it’s probably better to have Norman forward because Devlin has huge amounts of energy and can cover the extra ground getting forward and back, compared to Norman who has played little football recently

2 Likes

I would play Devlin further back too because he is at his best when overlapping.

2 Likes

I can’t ever remember us picking 6 defenders in a starting line-up! These are very strange times. Glad he’s had the balls to drop Dobson, Cook and Ismail though, and give Oteh a chance, can’t do any worse.

1 Like

It’s tactics Jim…but not as we know it…:open_mouth:

2 Likes

In the end, either this is a masterstroke and we get the win or, looking on the bright side, it will finally confirm we’re going down and we can ship O’Connor out and start a clean sweep with a new manager as soon as possible

And it strikes me, with bonser’s record of never paying someone until you really need to, we may have a deal set up with Hill but, since he’s getting paid by Rochdale, no need to sign him up yet and have to pay him ourselves :wink:

2 Likes

The only part to this line up is MOC has done what I hoped and played Oteh and Gordon together, mobile attack.

The rest of the line up I think I need to squint my eyes :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

3-1 Southend.

DOH!!!. THATS DONE IT.:roll_eyes:

Remind us again…what is that? I remember a Walsall team actually passing the half way line once, but it’s been so long, I for one have forgotten this ever happened!

I think you can watch it on ifollow.

Burton get one back with 5 to play.

Of course a Burton win would have been ideal but the fact is we have to beat Wycombe and, if we do, Wimbledon, Scunthorpe and Plymouth have all got very tough games and I’ll be surprised if any of them pick up much. So win today and we are still very much in the mix

1 Like

Re. the line-up.

Might as well throw the proverbial at the wall, hit a Hail Mary, and hope that something sticks. It’s not going to make a massive difference either way, at this stage. Why not play Norman? He’s going to be here in August.

1 Like

Well Southend have won, over to us!

At the end of the day they are utter ■■■■■ at defending so we might as well see if they are any good at attacking !!

Just got in…what a strange team. If it works it will be a miracle!!!

We can’t catch Southend. I mean, technically we can, but we’re not going to, are we?