Yann Songo'o

That was my assessment of him too. It stood out like a sore thumb that he was new to the team but also looked like he has a bit about him.

Shouldn’t take too long for him to get up to speed on how we play and build a few relationships on the pitch.

2 Likes

Yeah for someone who plays in that (I’m guessing) more deep lying role - he was a lot more busier on the ball than Comley and Kinsella (from the brief period of time to assess) - which is also good, such that he brings something else to the squad.

Bit harsh mate. just some kid dabling in broadcasting.

Nice to bump into you and your lad Saturday mate I’m guessing he enjoyed it all? Can’t believe it’s been almost 20 years since the last time I saw you :man_facepalming:t2: scary really.

I know eh? Time flys when you’re having fun :crazy_face: Isaac’s more of a ‘run-around-like-a-headless-chicken-shouting-“Pass! Pass! Pass!”’ kind of lad then a football fan, so already better then Madison :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: He only turns up because he can get away with giving the ref some cheek and for the half-time pie and he was disappointed they sold out Saturday lol! Compensated with pizza on the evening so all was well lol!
Was very good to see you’re well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know that he can’t play against Bradford but I wonder whether he might be a decent centre half alongside Donervan?

If Monthe refuses to sign a new contract, I can see him slotting in at centre back (the highlights clips appear to show this).

Physically, if we can get him 100% fit, he also seems like a better option than an injured Labadie and Kinsella (who I think Flynn remains unsure about).

I don’t think he’s a certain starter if he joins in the summer; however, I think he might be a third of the cost of Labs and Manny and would probably be at least half decent (and experienced) at CB or CM.

Hopefully, between now and the end of the season, Flynn can try it because we don’t look like we can buy a performance at the moment…

Joe Low’s a better option there surely?

1 Like

Could he be in a 3?

Low and Sango’o with Donervan?

I don’t rate Low higher than a head on a stick, personally, but he might become a decent defender (a la Ian Roper) with experience around him.

Either are better than McEntee, I would say!

Daniels , Low , Songoo - just relegate us now :rofl:

One of those no better than what you have loan signings the club likes making I’m afraid.

Reminds me of that Sheron guy who came in a few years ago just to warm the bench.

2 Likes

This sums up most of our signings unfortunately.

1 Like

The frustration is that I remember Labadie bossing midfield and scoring against Walsall at Bescot in the lockdown season.

Songo’o was terrific for Morecambe.

Strong, dominant, experienced midfielders get you promotion out of league two.

They have to be fit though, as you say…