Zeli Ismail Signs

Scuttlebutt at the time suggested that was an older player dragging the chain.

Weā€™ll see - donā€™t see Keates signing many older players tbh, think heā€™s gonna build quite a young squad

Agreed, phil, but I thought towards the end of the season that DK said we lacked experience so perhaps there might be an older head or two brought in. Perhaps a defender on loan.

Would add Maz to the mix. Had some decent games as sub last year, just needs to work on getting his head up to release the final ball earlier. Big season for Morris. Make or break like Kinsella Iā€™d suggest.

I was going to post that Baka and Cook will start season so Baka will have 4-5 games in August to impress otherwise heā€™ll be replaced in team but then I remembered transfer window closes before first game.

Another striker will come in anyway as you canā€™t go through to xmas with just two senior strikers as options.

1 Like

Pleased with this signing, lad had potential and if we get a well drilled organised side that really understand their individual roles in that set up I think with the likes of Zeli we will see some consistent performances.

I wouldnā€™t be happy with that as a first game starting line up. Need a further central defender, full backs ropey, Chambers needs to take more of a backroom role this season, Morris could be ok but I would prefer to have another option and we need another forward. Another 4-6 players needed in my opinion. Keates will do well to stretch our budget that far.

Think a CB, a CM and full back are a must - so if we could get those on permanent contracts we could always use the loan market then to bulk up the squad with maybe a versatile striker/winger or one of each

Well thereā€™s probably going to be 4 or 5 loans between now and the end of August to be fair

Very true.

A FB would not be a priority for meā€¦we have 2 full backs who will be in their second season and in a different set up. I expect to see them perform better and then we have Kory and Callum who may well challenge for places. A CB and a midfielder as well as another striker would be my targets. Indeed if Kory plays at FB 2 CBs would be useful.
As for loans only one or two for me but we will soon know.

Donā€™t think Devlin is going anywhere. Just bought a new house.

Might not be world cup standard but his attitude is great,and I like that.