3rd round

Well that’s a different can of Irish stew…:grin::tractor:

2 Likes

Found 25 quid on the train.

11.37 from Wolverhampton to Wigan North Western is £12.50 as is the return at 18.31.

There is a bus that goes from Wigan town centre to Horwich or you can just taxi it up.

2 Likes

Nice one mate cheers, I’ll have a look now

Anyone any idea whether locals, well Cheshire, can pay at the gate?
Otherwise it means ringing our ticket office and relying on Xmas post.
I can get tickets from my Bolton supporting colleagues, but would hate to be amongst them if things got pear shaped for us ( that 8-1 drubbing at the old ground will never be easy to forget!)
Just found out it’s a NO. Have to rely on our ticket office! If anyone thinks our ticketing system stinks you ought to try Bolton’s system, what a farce!

The name Tony Caldwell still sends shivers down my spine !!!
What was worse was the coppers back then wouldn’t let us leave when the 5th went in , just laughed!!!

1 Like

Ticket office sold out for the Bolton game. More coming on Saturday.
So that’s at least 500 of us going.

It will be ridiculous if you cannot pay on the gate. I have my ticket, but there is a chance that my daughter & my grandson in Leeds might come. It would be his (aged 5) first Walsall game. I won’t know however till the Saturday whether they will be able to.
Obviously, it will sell out!

I’d imagine you can pay on the gate, but it’s daft that we won’t know for sure until next week. It was like this last time we played them and there were cash turnstiles on the day.

Ancien…sorry I mean Worsul4eva - the lines to the ticket office will have been full of Luton fans today and maybe will be tomorrow. We gave Luton 1600 (ie the away end) and this has sold out. We have made a few hundred more tickets available to them down the side and the only way they can get hold of them is to call our ticket office, presumably collecting them on the day.

A right faff for a stadium that once again will be less than half full.

Just shows unpredictability is nothing new with WFC .Didn’t we beat Blackpool on the following Tuesday in the Milk Cup? The rest really was history.
Edit. That was to Icecreamwill.

Yeah think your right ,
I missed the Blackpool game as it was a school night !!
But wagged school for arsenal, Rotherham and Liverpool lol

Hull, I have spoken to Bolton ticket office, and they assure me that there will be no pay at the gate facilities on the day, and that if I want a ticket I should contact my home club.
So don’t set out with unticketed family, they won’t get in unless there are some kind hearted Walsall fans around with spare tickets!

1 Like

No pay at the gate!!! Bolton must be dafter than us then. They are in deep trouble and will not accept money at the gate.Do you have to be an idiot to run football clubs these days?

No but it helps :wink:

2 Likes

Its not about money,its about safety/segregation.

Bolton’s ground capacity is just under 29,000. Their away stand normally accommodates 3,000 but can take 5,000. Given their current form and attendances and the dismal crowds that the Cup now sadly attracts I can see an attendance of 4-6000. I cannot see safety or segregation being an issue. There are plenty of grounds where a visit from Walsall would NOT mean it being a ticket game.

2 Likes

Surely the “away” end at a big ground holds more than 500 and as long as AM or whatever he is these days went to that end it would be ok. I don’t see a safety issue there

See you beat me to it HULL…

1 Like

It’s the fact that they have a few nutters who would pay at the gate to get in the away end just for the fight.

Arguing about the strengths and weaknesses of Michael Ricketts?

Couldn’t you buy the tickets online, then get someone to bring them up for you, and meet them outside the ground hull? you can order them up until as late as Friday afternoon.