A new dawn

It will be interesting to see how Gamble and Mole perform now that they have been unshackled from the Bonser constraints. In my opinion, they should be given some leeway from criticism until we see how they perform under LP, I am sure that this will also please any business savvy 7 year olds.

2 Likes

A mixture of small shareholders. I have a mate who owns 51 shares left to him by his granddad. I think the Supporters Trust own a small percentage. Years ago when I was involved with the Trust for a short time they were acquiring shares which came available. I also seem to recall that a fair number of shares were in the ownership of the Express and Star at that time…no doubt others can bring you up to date.

1 Like

5 Likes

I love him already

1 Like

I don’t want to ruin the fun… but have a look on the profile to make sure its not a parody account.

1 Like

Some mentioned in the AGM minutes (as per this).

2 Likes

Gutted it is a parody account :weary:

1 Like

The only ones of those who had any sort of pedigree in English football were Nicholl, and Lee.

Graydon, Money, and Smith were all gambles, to a lesser, or larger, extent.

1 Like

It is

“Saviour & Chairman of Walsall FC. Parody Obvs. Views are nothing to do with the club or the real Leigh Pomlett. Up The Saddlers.”

It’s just a great tweet - even if it is a parody.

1 Like

Will he bring back chips?

1 Like

The full interview
8 Likes

I wonder if the AGM’s will be any more revealing,open,relevant,informative or convenient for working people to attend.

What, loans to keep us afloat due to us struggling due to ever increasing rent payments?

Obviously he needed to keep the cash cow breathing, if not exactly thriving.

1 Like

Just watched it, the more I listen to pomlett the more hope it gives, just hope he sticks to his word

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I can’t help but feel more inspired the more I hear and read from Leigh Pomlett.

Interesting that he said Bonswer approached him around 4 months ago… That’s about the time that Keates was sacked and our season was pretty much over. Jeff obviously realised there was no way back at that point.

4 Likes

How refreshing to listen to a Chairman of our club talk passionately and open. Very intelligent guy and has given me even more hope. Everyone needs to watch this.

8 Likes

I haven’t listened to the whole interview yet, but one thing that struck me from this part. He said he spoke to Jeff years ago and said “if you’re ever thinking of selling, speak to me.” And then finally 4 months ago he decided it “was time.”

Well that blows the whole “the club is for sale but only for the right price and to someone who has the clubs interest at heart” line that’s been peddled for the last 15 years right out the water, especially considering Pomlett is a lifelong fan.

4 Likes

You can tell hes excited by the challenge, being a shrewd businessman as he is, I expect the club to be maximizing the profit from the facilities we have at our disposal

Open, honest, realistic - that’s great to see and hear…

I’d suggest he’s no mega-millionaire who’ll be prepared to splash cash to create unrealistic aspirations - but a man with drive and ambition who genuinely cares for the club.

The ‘extra bums on seats’ thing seems critical to ongoing investment and it’s clear that he feels this would enable the ongoing longer-term development of the ‘project’ as he calls it… But what I also really like is his determination (clearly now made public) to create more value and revenue from the commercial activities of the business and its refreshing to hear him being so open about what this means for more success on the pitch…

Seems to have a clear direction for leading the club - crikey we’ve waiting ages for this style of ownership, let’s hope it’s reflected in player attitude and work ethic…

UTS

2 Likes