A new dawn

A few more quotes from the E&S. Really is manna from heaven!!

I have already done that and I will continue to channel as much as I can into the playing budget.

“Darrell Clarke hasn’t given me one name yet that we haven’t got.

“Stuart Sinclair, James Clarke, Gary Liddle, Rory Holden – he wanted to sign these players and we have done it.

“I want us to focus more on the playing side and making sure we are very successful.

“This club is an interesting business model because it has wonderful conference and banqueting facilities which other clubs would kill for.

“Sometimes fans think we focus too much on that side rather then the football. Actually they are mutually required.

They don’t have any business without the football club and visa-versa

“It’s important we continue with that side of the business.

“But there will be a shift in emphasis, mark my words, I mean a shift in emphasis.

“I want us putting more money into the playing budget.”

4 Likes

He was a lucky man then to “stumble” across Nicholl,Graydon,Lee, Money and Smith. He also recruited O’Driscoll which the vast majority of us supported at the time. JB was good for us in his early years and until the Merson debacle was thought well of by most supporters. Since then his popularity declined as his take got larger and the team generally got worse(the later Smith years being the exception).
That will be my last word on JB as I have recovered my enthusiasm with the change in ownership and the new management team. I think we can look forward with optimism to the new season. It may take a season or two for us to get back in League 1 but I have the feeling it will be fun trying.

4 Likes

This sentence speaks volumes. Absolutely buzzing after hearing that.

The second part I love is that he recognises this vague aim of being a championship club doesn’t work. The club will need to change to become sustainable there, very refreshing.

5 Likes

If pomlett owns 76% who owns the remaining?

It will be interesting to see how Gamble and Mole perform now that they have been unshackled from the Bonser constraints. In my opinion, they should be given some leeway from criticism until we see how they perform under LP, I am sure that this will also please any business savvy 7 year olds.

2 Likes

A mixture of small shareholders. I have a mate who owns 51 shares left to him by his granddad. I think the Supporters Trust own a small percentage. Years ago when I was involved with the Trust for a short time they were acquiring shares which came available. I also seem to recall that a fair number of shares were in the ownership of the Express and Star at that time…no doubt others can bring you up to date.

1 Like

5 Likes

I love him already

1 Like

I don’t want to ruin the fun… but have a look on the profile to make sure its not a parody account.

1 Like

Some mentioned in the AGM minutes (as per this).

2 Likes

Gutted it is a parody account :weary:

1 Like

The only ones of those who had any sort of pedigree in English football were Nicholl, and Lee.

Graydon, Money, and Smith were all gambles, to a lesser, or larger, extent.

1 Like

It is

“Saviour & Chairman of Walsall FC. Parody Obvs. Views are nothing to do with the club or the real Leigh Pomlett. Up The Saddlers.”

It’s just a great tweet - even if it is a parody.

1 Like

Will he bring back chips?

1 Like

The full interview
8 Likes

I wonder if the AGM’s will be any more revealing,open,relevant,informative or convenient for working people to attend.

What, loans to keep us afloat due to us struggling due to ever increasing rent payments?

Obviously he needed to keep the cash cow breathing, if not exactly thriving.

1 Like

Just watched it, the more I listen to pomlett the more hope it gives, just hope he sticks to his word

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I can’t help but feel more inspired the more I hear and read from Leigh Pomlett.

Interesting that he said Bonswer approached him around 4 months ago… That’s about the time that Keates was sacked and our season was pretty much over. Jeff obviously realised there was no way back at that point.

4 Likes