AFC Wimbledon (A) Tues 21st August, 7.45pm

41 to go!

3 Likes

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11478840/afc-wimbledon-1-3-walsall

1 Like

Errrrm… 42 I think ? :thinking:

Points, not games :smiley:

1 Like

If we score more than them I don’t give a ■■■■. Up the saddlers. Up the Cook. Up the Keates. Shows what you can do with your own team.

Just got back in.

What a cracking performance. Although it wasn’t pretty and it was a lot of defending rather than attacking today it showed that we are now back as a unit.

Leahy made a great tackle in the first half to stop one of the AFCW attackers going clean through and his error aside for their goal, he had another assured game.

Morris - great strike, confidence is coming back. I’ll be controversial here and say that he should stay in ahead of Zeli at the moment based on form and confidence.

Back four - solid for the most part

Midfield - Ginnelly did well defensively, covering when Leahy went forward well. Morris as above. Dobson - usual standard class performance again. Osbourne looked a bit tired in all honesty but kept grafting.

Cook and Ferrier - understanding a bit better, still need to learn when to pass to each other though!

Level of ■■■■-boiling for Cook’s goal celebration - 10/10 :joy:

1 Like

Not long being back…

We were the better side up until our first goal as Wimbledon were just lumping it up and we were winning it every time. As soon as we went ahead though they got it down and caused us problems all game. Not a pretty performance but we dug in and that result will give the lads a different kind of confidence boost. The kind of confidence boost that will give them the belief that even when we’re up against it, we’re still dangerous enough to go on and get ourselves more goals.

Fantastic result, for those staying away… get down to the Bescot… we’re building something special!

2 Likes

Sky highlights for those not in the UK.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HrkzHAPllK0ES2ZDhz1Qv8yk6em5DtCU/view?usp=drivesdk

4 Likes

Great result , one thing that pleased me was the two centre halves. In the past when teams have bought the likes of Hanson on we have wilted.

Fitz and Guthrie grew stronger winning almost every single header. This team has balls.

UTS

Missed the game last night, well done lads, brilliant start to the season :grinning:

Fantastic :slight_smile: cheers

Didn’t get back 'till after midnight. What a great way to spend an evening. It was a great performance from the lads. We were under the cosh for long periods and our defensive tactics seem to be just get bodies in front went they shoot. A booking for Cook for his celebration. If he keeps doing that he’ll keep getting booked so unfortunately it’s going to have to stop. Winds their fans up wonderfully though!
I’m gutted that I’m going to have to miss Rochdale :unamused:
The first 15/20 minutes it was all us and they didn’t know what was hitting them.
As Deano said in the E&S nothing gets won in August and September. There’s a long way to go but I’m buzzing.

1 Like

Best own goal in ages. I’d say ever but there must be something I’ve missed with more comedy value.

I don’t know, but Charlie ntamark playing for us would take some beating :joy:

2 Likes

Seem to remember Roper scoring an absolute screamer once. It was at home, can’t remember who against. Gave Jimmy no chance.

2 Likes

Was it Blackburn rovers?

Alf Wood at Carlisle. Bullet header from around the penalty spot - cue chants of “Alf Wood - No Good”.

What was the linesman/assistant ref flagging for, just before their goal? Anybody know?:frowning_face:

Shirt pull by Leahy?

I thought it was an excellent performance. We were under the cosh for long periods, but having said that, on another day we could have scored 5 or 6. If the first 25 mins we were all over them, with loads of balls rolling across the box begging for someone to pass it in.