All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Simon Cox renewed his contract with Southend today, there’s a forward who could have done a job for us over the past couple of seasons.

Zeli Ishmael signs!

Interesting comment from Zeli and Nathan Cameron on instagram…

Seemingly implying Nathan Cameron is incoming too.

1 Like

Would be a good signing he is a beast,
Mansfield reportedly gonna pay Tyler walker £5000 a week, how do these teams do it

Agreed always rated Cameron but very injury prone. If he stays fit he is quality at league one level . Highly regarded at bury that’s for sure

Bloke who currently owns them likes to spend a bit of money on the club.

Strange town though.

A bit like our chairman, it’s always spend, spend, spend, with the Bonser family!
Our litany of transfer activities so far has been so hard to follow, we’re all exhausted!

Doug Tharme. Another young Wrexham defender, apparently set to sign.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/16319974.Doug_Tharme_set_to_leave_Wrexham_AFC/

1 Like

Hope this and the rumours regarding the other Wrexham defender are false personally. We can afford to gamble in certain positions on non league quality. Centre half isn’t one of them. We need more league one level players. Ismail was a good start.

Well these Wrexham lads would not be first teamers would they? If they are very promising and highly rated I would have no problem with signing them however we must be careful not to block any of our own youngsters coming through. I assume Dan Vann is still on the books.

As I understand it Wrexham have an issue with youth team funding - so if we can pick up their good prospects - ( who would be relatively cheap ) - then I have no issue with that.
Both of the names mentioned on here are youngsters.

Weren’t we supposed to be cutting the number of youngsters signed to free up some space for first team funds though?

I thought after the signings of players like Butterfield and so on under Whitney that was being shelved?

Granted Kory Roberts is looking like a success but he’s the only one I can think of whose an example of that.

How I thought it through was Keates would give these players a contract in the development squad. They can’t be on alot of money and Dean did release all but one (I think) of the second year pros last month.

Then if they’re good enough let them play/be in the first team squad.

Just a thought.

Would really like some players with league 1 experience a proper solid signing

Like Joe Edwards? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heard alot about deano wanting that shaun pearson from Wrexham, anyone seen him play? Think we need experience at the back tbh

Here’s very highly rated at Wrexham and is seen as a leader on the pitch, something we have missed since JW foolishly let James O’Connor go…I reckon Deano will be doing his very best to get this deal done however a fee will need to be agreed as Pearson is contracted at Wrexham.

Surely he must be at Wrexham for a reason tho, he’s 29 so no spring chicken

Dean wants him but the fee could be the issue