All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Outside chance that this may be the loan signing thats been mentioned?player will be unsettled,take over his contract and improve it & sign him when his deal runs out with wrexham?..just read that back and it looks pretty improbable lol

Doubt it. The only way Wrexham will let him go will be if we pay the 6 figure fee they want. Dean has said he wants a experienced defender and Pearson fits that description. Even at 29, we’d still get a few years out of him.

Personally, I’d go for Baird who Derby released in the summer. Great pro, can play anywhere across the back 4 and would bring calm and assurance. Been there before and has local connections. Also, he could help bring on Korey because I imagine that Roberts would like to turn into a calm, ball playing centre half with his future ahead of him. I know he’s old but much better to get one in on a permanent than a loan IMHO…

Six figure fee for the Wrexham guy, don’t think that’s happening!

He’s played one year in league two at Grimsby and then got released.

Would still need an experienced CB alongside Guthrie in any case.

Still things aren’t shaping up badly for first week for July, two first teamers in Ismail and Cook been snapped up and Ginnelly for squad cover.

Would imagine 2-3 loans will come in this month. CB, central midfielder and another striker.

For me we’ve got to get another two cbs, midfielder, winger and a striker

29 year old defender playing non League?? give me a break … we need to set our targets a little higher.

5 bids put in for Pearson. The last two were over £100,000 :open_mouth:

Really?! Blimey…how do you know this.

If we pay £100,000 for him, then bonzo really is trying to keep the protests down to a minimum, and appease the masses :expressionless:

1 Like

100k for a 29 year old who has played one season in football league does seem strange. That said from what I have read the guy is an organiser and leader and I think we would all agree we need more of those in the squad.
Think Wrexham fans will go into meltdown if he leaves… big fans favourite on and off the pitch I believe.

Just seems a mental price to me but if DK wants him fair enough, how long does he have left on his deal at Wrexham?

100k would get you a very decent central midfielder or striker at this level so using pretty much all the cashpot on unproven CB at league one level seems a tad risky.

Saw something yesterday regarding Lloyd Isgrove possibly joining us on loan. Don’t think it’ll happen, but one to definetely look out for.

I think he has 12 months left

I remember the damage he did to us in the play-offs - I’d take him tomorrow but can’t believe he’d come to us. How about a new Centre-half? I thought Cameron from Burnley was coming? What about Bielik? He owes us one.

That should be Bury not Burnley!

Hoping for a new cb soon need the team to have as much time to gel as poss, hope these young lads from Wrexham not gonna be first choice lol

Brad Inman: Peterborough United midfielder leaves by mutual consent Brad Inman: Rochdale sign midfielder after Peterborough United exit - BBC Sport

Incoming???

Would be very pleased if he was, especially without a fee.

Can’t see us signing him, would like it tho

What’s the betting he’s off to Rochdale? Hope he comes to us though instead.