Anyone got Bonser's number?

IT does matter when self generated funds are having to be borrowed and paid back as loans, ask yourself why they stood on the books for so long. Without any urgency to see them repaid,
Not bad buisness if you can get away with it
As said not illegal but immoral. A club loaning its own money. , whilst renting and maintaining a stadium it should have owned
Even ■■■■ Turpin had the decency to where a mask

I take it you are aware Eddie kirk a local millionsire
And Irvine brown an American billionaire where waiting in the wings to take on club,
But a certain man had spent a few years previous. Levering himself into a prime possistion, and with the aid of others a massive carve up took place,
With information being withheld from messers kirk and brown. Scuppering there plans. .

1 Like

Bonser left us a poor, assetless husk, while riding off with 25 years of booty, and more to come :rage::rage:. I’m not moving on from that anytime soon, or allowing others to rewrite history without it being challenged.

Had he not done what he did, we most likely would not be in the fourth division with shit players and a fourth division manager that thinks he is way better than his current performance suggests. You cannot blame Bonser directly for the tactics, team selections or performances, but we are here because of the decisions that he made over 25 years, taking out millions while failing to reinvest in the team and the club infrastructure. Many businesses fail because they do not react to their markets changing and /or fail to invest in infrastructure or people. This is Boner’s legacy as predicted by many of us on here, over the past 10 years.

I do wonder if LP signed a NDA which prevents him from telling us the arrangements of the deal, but if not, he would be better off telling us the position we are now in financially, as I believe most supporters will support him. If I was him I would be telling Clarke to button it with respect to constantly undermining the club with his comments about how we cannot compete, particularly as it is in direct contradiction to Pomlett’s own statements about his ambition for the club.

13 Likes

Is this the same team that once signed Paul merson and today have no money to bring in a football league experienced Winger… we going down hill and fat b**tard bonser is to blame for all this wers all the transfer funds gone from this summer for dobbo and cooky…etc ??

LP is a JB crony.

LP is in place to ensure WFC continues to provide JB with his rent until they are relegated and can no longer afford to pay the rent. At which point the club will be evicted and the freehold sold to a property developer.

5 Likes

What is it about Bescot, with the discount store pulling the plug and the empty carpet store unit can the retail park survive ?
With no football club and no retail park what a piece of development land.

Should be more like 999 surely…

2 Likes

Hmmm not one for conspiracy theories, but I just can’t get it out my head how much it stinks that LP has come from within the same board room and has kept all the ■■■■■ from the previous regime.

If an outsider had come in do you think there would be a hope in hell that Gamble and Mole would still be sitting pretty in their important positions? Regardless of their performance, which is a joke anyway, they would have been the first out the door - paid off and removed if necessary.

There is nothing ‘new’ about this operation barring a few appearances on social media! I’ll give him time, but patience waiting for all these fresh changes, some of which could have at least been talked about, is wearing a little thin.

3 Likes

I think I saw Bonser’s number on the back of the bog door in the Bus Station.
Something to do with “a good time”.

Explains why we’ve been ■■■■■■ up the backside for years then.

2 Likes

OK… Because Bonser wasnt wealthy before acquiring Walsall FC?

Nope, look at the last 30 years accounts, Bonser ‘loans’ apparently keep the club afloat, why didn’t he loan the money that he paid for the land personally to the club? He could then be proclaimed as the real saviour as opposed to the scummer, only taking out of the club

The club stagnated under Bonser for sure but there is no way in hell he would have given the current manager carte Blanche to ■■■■ the budget up the wall on sub standard footballers.
Total naivety from Pomlett.

Another certainty is that after last nights debacle he would have been first at the training ground this morning demanding answers.

Can’t see Pomlett doing that.

I’d rather be an average L1 club than a ■■■■ L2 club.

Yes we were relegated last season but the last time that happened under Bonser we bounced back as Champions.
EVERY aspect of the club has gone backwards this season under the new owner. The team. The match day experience.
I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and despair for the future of our club.

2 Likes

Yeah, Bonser never gave a manager like Whitney a load of cash to ■■■■■ up the wall did he?
And the last time we were relegated under Bonser… was last season.
Not sure why some of our fans are expecting some immediate turn around when the last owner has slowly driven us into the ground then walked off into the sunset a multimillionaire leaving someone else to clean up his mess?

3 Likes

What a load of rubbish.

5 Likes

Sorry to pick on you Dave; but saying stuff that is patently untrue doesn’t help anyone.

Yes, JB lent the club money. Yes, that money probably came from profits he made from his ownership of the freehold, but from a legal point of view Jeff the rent collector, and Jeff the chairman providing loans are two separate legal entities. For example, Jeff the rent collector will have had to pay tax on that income at some point.

Of course, loaning the club money was in his interest in order to keep the rent flowing, and the club wouldn’t have been able to secure a loan of that magnitude elsewhere.

I’m by no means a defender of Jeff. I think he got himself in to a situation through greed, which he couldn’t find a way out of.

As for LP - I said at the time that I see nothing in it for him. Perhaps he’s bought the debt off JB at 50%, who knows. Time will tell…

It may well have come from the profits he made from owning

1 Like

So long as folks keep mentioning the purchase of the freehold in 1995…250 k??, chicken feed for Walsall FC in 1995, chicken feed for Bonser, chicken feed for the supporters club, and probably chicken feed for many individual fans at that time. Was it news that Walsall FC were “exploring every avenue” to buy the freehold in 95 and experiencing “hitting a brick wall” at every attempt?? I don’t remember reading it. That was the season/era we had our record gate receipt v Leeds (and that was just the home game), gained promotion, bought Martyn O’Connor using the supporters club’s help (£45k??), and had playing assets that if push came to shove could have been realised …Lightbourne went for what 500k two years later?..O Connor for 300k???
The club’s official history is monumental bullshit, and that fact that this account is still posted under the “new regime” is not very edifying. All Bonser had to do once he’d snaffled the freehold was keep the club going (and if that meant loans so be it), keep the peasants as quiet as possible, and he was minted.

For the last 12 years he has struggled to keep the plebs quiet, as he reigned in his “loans” with old age looming. Smith was an absolute “land in his lap” bonus, he must have been laughing his mullet off as another 2 mill rent dolloped into the pension fund with multiple transfer fees received and a trip to Wembley to accelerate the loan repayments without anyone noticing.

But eventually its come home to roost, and what better way to buy a bit more time, more rent, more “loans” repaid than to pass the impending shitstorm over to Pomlett under the guise of a brave new era/regime. Genius!! That doesn’t necesarily make Pomlett knowlingly complicit, and I sincerely hope he isn’t and hope that he is genuine, but after 30 years of Bonser and his various cronies like Whalley you’ve got to have doubts, certainly until the days when we see action rather than words.

15 Likes

This Geordie this.
I have had a feeling for a while now that something isn’t quite right or adding up about the take over.
I desperately hope I’m wrong or it’s the leech’s last laugh on us all.

I feel sorry for LP having to put with all this 'puppet" nonsense and all these conspiracy theories. Having seen the bloke perform at the fans meetings I think he is genuine in his love for the club and I think he will do his best to sort the mess out. We all have to hope he succeeds.It won’t be easy and may take longer than we want but some us have been posting for a year or two how difficult it would be to regain the freehold when and if the club was sold.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same.
Stuff like this is exactly why Pete Waterman wanted to remain a fan and have nothing to do with owning/running the club.

2 Likes