Anyone Remember?

Stopped for petrol at steve thompson on broadway, wind had blown the glass tops off the pumps.

1 Like

V. Gillingham on 2/1/1976

3 Likes

He looks well, but I wouldn’t have recognised him from that photo.

1 Like

30th April 1988. Walsall 2 Notts County 1
Mrs Hullsaddler’s only ever football match.

1 Like

I remember that. Didn’t we think that was enough to get promoted, or something. Just needed to beat Gillingham, which was a gimme.

But then we didn’t beat Gillingham…

Something about Walsall and Gillingham on the last day that doesn’t suit us :slightly_frowning_face:

Crystal Palace had other stuff in their bath aswell as plasters and mud!

2 Likes

We lost at Twerton Park against Bristol Rovers on the bank holiday monday following the Notts County game. It was why Mrs Hullsaddler was there as the 2 games combined with a visit to her mother’s in Gloucestershire ( normally didn’t do it for a long weekend!) And yes, I remember us messing up but had forgotten who it was against.

Ah, yes. I’d forgotten about the Bristol Rovers defeat.

I thought it was goldliner,maybe I’m imagining things…:grinning:

Devon White Hat-trick I think

2 Likes

All I can remember is that it wasn’t that big a terrace behind the goal and it being a massive disappointment. I don’t have good memories of Bath. We drove there once from Mrs Hullsaddler’s mothers, spent 45 minutes trying to find somewhere to park, had a massive row and then drove straight back!

1 Like

Just remember the gloom thinking we had blown it with Brighton winning and getting into pole position and then the fighting after

We stayed in Bath(beautiful place by the way) before the Bristol city game that we lost 8-2
I had hired an apartment for 2 nights, and on the first night we headed to spoons for the start of the night, just as we were going in, i felt this tremendous THUMP on my arm, i looked round thinking someone had hit me? turns out i had been crapped on by a seagull :joy: i spent the next 20 mins in the bog trying to clean it off my coat :joy:
I swear there are more seagulls in Bath than people.

My old man told me about gussgog and patto did still in touch with patto known him since i.was a kid remember when he was living in London and we had Millwall away he was running alongside our coach screaming saddlers thought he was going to get killed the Millwall fans didn’t look impressed :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It became Goldliner, and then later still was replaced by Goalden Gate (which is still going), but started off as South Staffs Pools. Originally it was the old style cards where you had to tear out the windows, then scratch cards.

You were supposed to be at least 16 to sell them, but I was much younger to start with. Packed it in while doing my A levels before moving up to Sheffield for university as there was no point me having a season ticket that year, which is what I used the commission for (although my visits home with the bags of dirty washing always coincided with us have a home game :wink:).

Jimmy Mullen sacked after our game vs Brighton was postponed.

It would of been 93 or 94 at Bescot but a Cardiff lad got in Gilbert alsop stand then pulled out a union jack with Cardiff City on their then he almost got lynched stewards threw him out sharpish. Also in the nineties remember chasing crewe fans all around their ground a few times :joy:

1 Like

Is that the smurf from coalpool mate? He used to go on coaches in the 90s? If it is he’s a good laugh used to see him all the time in New world a nightclub in caldmore in the mid 90s

Not sure about that JT , I think they’ve all had their fair share of …—kers :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I think they used to own a racehorse called Goldliner Abbey and another called Goldliner Game.