Anyone Remember?

A mutual Facebook friend of both of us once asked to borrow mine as he wanted to “wave 2 in the air”. Good old naive tinned didn’t realise he’d swapped my perfectly fine swift with his burst swift :roll_eyes:

Yes mate I also still see him was a great guy. And always went home and away. Walsall lads really took to him. And he was always in the thick of it
Last time I saw him was in wheatsheaf pub. By blue coat school. This was just before lockdown and he came straight over. Shaking hands and hugging me. As said was a great guy. When you look back. So many. Who where hardcore regulars. Never. Went again when fellows park closed its doors

2 Likes

A couple of posts mentioned working their way round to the popular side. Anyone remember the transfer turnstile where you had to pay another bob or so to get through there?

Back of the dressing rooms, Used to go through to the bar under the stand at half time, Was hit and miss tho wether you would be allowed through.

Who remembers the copper nicknamed the bear. Always stood in street end. He was the biggest hooligan ever to step foot in fellows park,

1 Like

Was he the bastard that would never let me into the popular end? do you remember the one with the massive port stain birthmark and the Alsation

When I brought my first betting office mate, the copper with the birthmark was the first customer I. Took a bet off, We just looked at each other. And burst out laughing We laughed about the goings on at fellows park and became freinds But got to admit I took delight in. His bets loosing, Payback for all the times he had me. Out. Of the ground with that vicious dog of his. Still see him most days he lives in Bentley lane

And yes the bear was the one who would have. Been the one refusing you entry. , he used to start half the fights that Went on up there lol

1 Like

Mr. Dawson used to live in my road. He had a dog called Peter.

You would have probably known my old man mate and probably me as a nipper. Used to go a lot with the lads from the miners in Rushall. Gusgog was always in there.

1 Like

You’re probably right with Lennie.

But Cyril still rings a bell. Was he the old guy over in that corner who was a mate of Kitty Lyons until they fell out (some time after we moved to Bescot)?

His name was George .

If its the chap I’m thinking of his name was Jimmy (not Lennie)

Who started this thread,was it Paul Whitehouse?

Yes you are spot on thinking about it. Can picture him now a real character but as chunkster said a feirce temper As many officials found out

1 Like

Not sure Andy, But there used to be a guy, who I think was affectionately called big john,

Always stood with his dad at front of street end. To the right of the goal, where kitty and lil paddock stood,
But always had a radio. Held to his ear for duration of game, Shouting scores out, Obviously had special needs but again was loved by the lads in the street end

Looking back we had some great characters. Non better than kitty who you have already mentioned,
But. Bescot apart from dancing Kev has been devoid of such characters

1 Like

Think Big John might be the subject of another post I made above (his dad telling him to shut up when he got irate even though he wasn’t actually saying anything).

That’s the one. If memory serves me right his dad was a small grey haired chap, Was always having to calm him down As he used to get rather exited to say the least lol

Who remembers yata. He may even be on here, Think he moved down Devon way,
He was a great guy and again another character associated with fellows park

Two other great guys from that era where. Two lads called shirty and cam, used to knock around with Arthur burton. And tea leaf, See tea leaf and Arthur regular, And saw cam in Napier. After a game last season. But not heard of shirty for years Some great lads used to go in those days

Travelled to Chester one night with your old man mate. On back of leecheys . Scaffolding truck,

There fans got the shock of there lives that night, but I’m sure he would of told you the story,

One of the funniest escapades we ever had following dh was that night. Your old man another one mate who went everywhere.

Remember people chanting “yata is a leader” in the street end