Ash Taylor to Kilmarnock

I wish him all the best. Sometimes it doesn’t work, no one’s fault though, it just happens.

1 Like

Don’t give bonser ideas, he’ll move bescot 300 miles north!

I didn’t think Zdrilic was that bad. Rather under-used.

Cant disagree with you on Barrowman though. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank god for that, I thought he was very poor and made James Clarke look like he had pace! Need to plug the gap quickly.

When I saw that we’d signed Ash Taylor in the summer, I was really pleased. I thought that he would add experience and solidity to our defence. How wrong I was. He’s been useless - the biggest disappointment of all our signings. He lacks pace but we have had slow centre-halves before but they made up for it by having good positional sense. Unfortunately, Taylor had a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Allied to his lack of pace this meant that he was the complete package…of shite.

His early-season performance against Hartlepool was woeful…and it didn’t get any better. He just didn’t seem interested. I was wondering how we could get rid of him - he was on a two-year contract - but many thanks to Killie for taking his wages off our hands. Let’s hope we spend this money wisely on a centre-half that can actually run!

2 Likes

What ever you think of him as a player, it just seems strange to let him go without NO replacement as it leaves us woefully short in that area, especially with Monthe still out for another 5 games, only need an injury or covid to Menayese and we have non, smells of last Jan, DOF where are ya surely wouldn’t let somebody go without a ready made replacement

It makes sense to me. I don’t dispute he needs replacing by the way. It is clear he isn’t of the required quality and that is being polite. He had 18 months left to run on his contract. I don’t know what wages Walsall players are on but I would imagine he was in the top earner bracket.

Lets put him on a very conservative £800 a week. For 18 months is something around £60,000. I think he is probably on quite a bit more than that in all honesty but if someone was interested in taking him off our hands, I’d imagine someone from the club would have offered to drive him there personally.

3 Likes

Our top earners are on around £2k per week aren’t they?
I’m not suggesting there’s many of them on that but I believe that’s been around our payment ceiling in recent years. I’d have thought he’d have been on close to that.

1 Like

FTFY :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s about the size of it! Totally immobile, crap positional sense, unmotivated! I can’t believe he’s only 31 - he plays like a 50-year old.

Gash Taylor glad he’s gone milk turns faster

3 Likes

That made me laugh, probably more than it should at my supposedly mature age. :rofl:

3 Likes

Starts tonight.

Is he doing a Novak? Should he travelling to Scotland etc Has he completed whatever the Scots isolation period is for a positive test? Don’t know if they’re on 7 or 10 days either way it must be close?

DC told me once that Bates was on about £250, i know he is only a youth, but at the time he had played in some first team games, so that tells you something about what we pay

6 days today so no in theory.

1 Like

Taylor’s positive covid test last Saturday must have been a load of bs because he wouldn’t have been available for us tomorrow, but he’s starting for Kilmarnock tonight. Isn’t it meant to be 10 days isolation? :rofl:

Edit: Just saw Killer’s post

2 Likes

Quick notify someone at Partick Thistle to grass him up. Sturgeon’s stasi will be on him like dogs!

2 Likes

Still 7 days here until Monday I believe more bullshit like monthes illness days before his suspension was announced

I think I would do a better job than Ward TBH even if I smoked 40 fags a day

1 Like