Audit 2020 Annual Report etc

I’m not bothered about the 25k profit as the well run club mantra in my opinion has well and truly crashed and burned this season. The rainy day has been in full flood mode and we have continued to sell our best players and seemingly take cheap options a la Dutton. Like others have said, scrutiny of the accounts it almost pointless as they appear basis in their format so you would have to draw many assumptions.

Next years accounts will be interesting.

1 Like

The chef will be working on those as we speak.

Maybe Dains have done a deal with the club as sponsors that they will do the audit for a set fee and if Accountancy prices charged in general go up they take extra in FOC advertising/sponsorship deals instead

Wasn’t Gamble previously employed by Dains which is how he became known to the club in the first place?

1 Like

He worked at the club’s previous auditors BDO Stoy Hayward who must have acted before Dains

1 Like

This is not allowed under the Accountants Ethics rules as (assuming the sum is not trivial) it may impinge on their Independence as Auditors. They should be paying full price for whatever sponsorship they do.and I am certain Dains will have done that.

Dains have been the Auditors since 2007 though - maybe its time for a change and a fresh view of things after 13 years!

3 Likes

I thought so but no.

1 Like

If I’ve told you once I’ve told you a million times. Stop exaggerating!

WFC now late filing annual accounts at Companies House.

Anyone want to guess why?

Is it because the CEO has been concentrating all his efforts into new kit designs?

The audit and reports were posted on the website on 27th April so presumably everything was ready for submission to the Inland Revenue…but no, someone has decided to delay the submission after this years deadline of 31st May and incur a fine. Why would any business do that?

…and isn’t Stefan Gamble supposed to be an accountant?

Equally don’t the club pay Dains to deal with stuff like that

So is / was the SLO.

Don’t get the noose out just yet - they may have been submitted by post on time, but there are processing delays at the Companies House end.
Would still beg the question of why they were not submitted weeks ago though.

I seriously doubt they would submit by post, must be awash with supporters and season ticket holders money to pay the fine.

Unless they applied for a delay owing to covid

I believe that you can postpone due to “special circumstances”. Not sure what, in the case of Walsall FC May 2021, those might be mind.

It must be difficult for auditors to confirm the Going Concern status of any football with so much uncertainty re the lifting of restrictions.

1 Like

Perhaps they contain some unpleasant information which may affect season ticket sales?