Away days

Biggest mistake everton ever made lol

1 Like

Iā€™m on 73 of the current league teams, including Bury. A few teams Iā€™ve been to the old ground but not the new, some Iā€™ve been to old and new.
As with a lot of the other posters Iā€™ve been to quite a few who are now in non league - some multiple times like Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County and possibly others.
Of the teams who have dropped out, who is lowest in the pyramid? Would it be Scarborough?

I havenā€™t been to many of the newest teams to come up from the ranks, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Burton, Stevenage and that sort.

Managed 39 including Fellows Park and Banksā€™s, of which York, Chesterfield, Notts County, Barnet (Underhill) now non-league, Hitchin Town as a neutral and Hednesford in pre-season friendly with Saddlers, both old and new Wembley, Millennium Stadium (I have played there in a charity match), MK at hockey stadium and their new place. Mostly done the same away grounds nearest to where I live in Hertfordshire. Like going to Posh. Done Luton loads of times as well. Seen Watford 3 times in old first division as well as for Walsall matches. Been Bradford with Walsall and also a couple there as a neutral. Prem grounds Liverpool, Old Trafford, Carrow Road, all with the Saddlers. Hats off to those who have been to 70 plus.

Iā€™ve done 82 grounds in total, not all with Walsall though. 73 grounds in England, 9 in Wales because for some reason I bloody love the Welsh Premier League.

Ones with Walsall are mostly League One and Two, a few Championship and a few who have fell away into non league obscurity.

For anyone who does like to keep a count thereā€™s a good app called ā€˜Futbologyā€™ which lets you check in at the time and itā€™ll update the score etc. Great app for anyone who likes to keep a record of grounds and games theyā€™ve been to.

2 Likes

Of those out of league now Iā€™ve done, , aldershot, Notts county York Barnet Chesterfield, Chester, Halifax, Scarborough Darlington,Wrexham, Hartlepool , Stockport Yeovil, torquay. All with walsall

4 Likes

Did we ever play at Boston Utd or Maidstone?

Both - although Maidstone actually played at Dartfordā€™s ground as their own wasnā€™t league standard.

Yes we did mate. But I did not go to ether, trying to think if we ever played rush den and dismonds

No - but we have played more than once at Dagenham & Redbridge.

1 Like

Thought so. Didnt go to either but keep remembering clubs that are now no longer in the league, there must be loads.

Kiddie are another.

Another forgotten gem.

Yes forgot about them, I can remember going there on a Tuesday night game.

I wonder if anyone on here ever ventured to Barrow or Workington

You forgot one of our old favourites. Hereford

Me too, with the exception of Yeovil never done that ground.
Not actually been on the ā€˜newly refurbishedā€™ Halifax ground as a spectator though, only remember the old dust bowl!

1 Like

Yes mate Hereford , been there many a time, my list is getting bigger lol

Remember the match at Boston Utd (1-1) well, as Mrs Hullsaddler worked with the wife of one of their players ( a former Hull City stalwart, Mark Greaves). He got me a ticket and he gave me the bottle of champagne he won for winning their man of the match!

Went there on a Tuesday night weather was awful was lashing it down they offered to move us but we stood there getting soaked to the skin lol

Just had a quick check and there are 11 teams in the National League that Iā€™ve been away to when they were still EFL - and another 8 in the North/South feeders. May be one of two more further down the pyramid (someoneā€™s already mentioned Scarborough for one).

1 Like