Bakayoko

You should know.

Supporters got on his back because he was lazy, missed easy chances and for a big man he hardly won any balls in the air. He had more than enough chances and he didn’t take them…it was nothing to do with his ethnicity/colour if that’s what you were alluding to.

In a way you can’t understand, obviously. Thanks for the backhanded compliment. :wink:

He has had enough chances, simply not good enough.

He might go on to score goals elsewhere, but there’s little to say he’ll ever be prolific based on what we’ve seen so far. Despite his physical attributes being spot-on for a striker, I always felt he struggled to know where he should be and when, often seemed to be flat-footed when we had the ball, and only actually made runs when the chance had started to fizzle out. I don’t think his lack of goals was ever down to a lack of effort so best of luck to him - it had got to the point where it simply wasn’t going to happen for him at Walsall.

2 Likes

If we hadn’t signed 3 players on Friday then we would have lost yesterday. Do you believe that we would have repelled Plymouth’s second half onslaught with Vann in central defence instead of Fitzwater? Fans were right to be worried, especially after last season and the fact that until 30 hours before our first match we only had one fit, expe

2 Likes

Totally agree, without Fitzwater who had an excellent game by the way, we would not have won yesterday, he is also an excellent threat at set pieces, but it also shows how badly we need another CH before next weekend, possibly an older more experienced player, but most likely will be a loanee from prem or championship side, maybe we will take Rowett up in his offer and sign 6’6” Souttar, who did play in the Scottish premier league last season

It’s for reasons like that that he always made me think of Dale Banton. He had a gift for making runs to where the ball couldn’t possibly reach him. Banton though , had got goals before he came to us, so poor coaching could have played a part as well.

But we did sign all 3 of them. And those of us with any sense knew it. I and a few others have been posting it for weeks

1 Like

Wrong Fitzwater only came in because Albion signed a defender at the last moment … not exactly great planning was it!

More luck than judgement

It would have been someone else if it wasn’t him. And Keates said it was weeks in the planning! or do you think that Darren Moore just phoned up Gauadiola on Friday morning and said can we have one of your Centre backs please? :rofl:

1 Like

Ha ha and you believe everything that the club Tells you :joy::joy:

Thats exactly.what he said for Wilson.

No but I don’t go manically depressive without any reason.

1 Like

Nice one :+1:t2:

Saying it was a factor, not the whole issue, just like it’s been for years with players such as Sawyers, Ricketts, Westcarr, Benjamin etc, etc. I’ve heard Bakayoko being abused with racist language with my own ears, so don’t tell me that racism isn’t an issue.

Interesting that you refer to me as a snowflake, given you clearly remember, and have such strong feelings about, a post that I cannot, and one which would have been some time ago if I indeed wrote it, it seems to be you who is the easily offended one, either that or you have extensive EDL sympathies?

I am neither. Just it winds me up when people like yourself always revert to the same tact.
Let’s have have a go at our own fans and accuse them of racism just because a p i s s poor player is departing.

1 Like

On a couple of occasions yesterday, I heard someone shout “Go On, Sweaty” when Devlin was moving forward with the ball. To that person, & I couldn’t pinpoint who it was, it was likely a throwaway term, & imagine they thought little to nothing of it. Yet, to put it in comparable context, would it have been considered at all acceptable to shout, for example, “Go On, D*go” at Aranalde? I’d like to think not, but that’s how easily it happens.

I genuinely believe that the sentiment toward Bakayoko is based on people’s opinions of the majority of his performances in a Walsall shirt. However, it is very naive to believe that, in individual instances, a small number of people don’t employ cognitive shortcuts- be they consciously or unconciouslessy- that affect their overall mental portrait of a player.

Even if some fans are racist (and there are some without doubt), Bakayokos problem was just that 9 times out of 10 he was rubbish and didn’t punch his weight.

Its not hard to understand.

Hope he does well but we cant keep every player forever just because they came through the ranks.

All the best to him and hope he does well with another team like those other crap players Grigg and Deeney…
There is a player in there if used right he is not a loan striker could possibly have come good feeding off Cook.

1 Like