Cameron Norman

On the other hand if it works out the balance of experienced in Laird and potential in Norman coming in is one I can get behind. I think overall in this window Jarvis and Laird coming in so far is a lot better for us with their experience, just feel one more experienced head would give us the best tools to push toward the end of the season.

Ferrier improved us, yet people donā€™t like him now because of his attitude.

1 Like

Iā€™m not one of those people to be fair, I still see value in Ferrier.

Sure heā€™s not been the goal machine he looked like being but weā€™ve still gone from Bakayoko and Ngoy/Agyei/Shaibu to Cook and Ferrier (with Gordon as back up). Thatā€™s a massive upgrade in my eyes.

Arrogance has never been a problem for some of the greatest players to ever play.

1 Like

Not sure where Walsallone got those stats from: we have a threadbare squad, especially in defence. Keates must have seen something in Norman to give him a 2 and a half year contract. Was he recommended by Martin (Norwich connection)? Letā€™s give him a chance.

Preferred new defensive line up is

Leahy - Laird - Norman - Devlin

Or could Norman be the central role of a back 3 with Johnson and Guthrie allowing Leahy and Devlin as wing backs?

What about Gutless (and Shipswater - sorry, heā€™s gone)?

1 Like

And Kieronā€™s mom would be the driveršŸ‘

1 Like

Three at the back is looking like a possibility, also was it not left wing back that Edwards excelled at for a while under Whitney? With Kinsella, Dobson, Osbourne and Chambers potentially to come back in that would be good choice for central midfielders and then it frees up Jarvis to play on one side of Cook with someone like Ferrier, Gordan or Ismail the other side.

Surprise surprise we sign two full backs. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::thinking:

third.

Found this on YouTube

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cameron+norman+you+tube&&view=detail&mid=B62B6A30A0A6D3F54418B62B6A30A0A6D3F54418&&FORM=VRDGAR

Seems like a nice guy too,going by his interview on YouTube.

Well, donā€™t know much about him, not been at Oxford long but sometimes moves just donā€™t work out for either party, example being our own ā€˜marqueeā€™ defensive signing this season. New player so clean slate for me, wish him luck and hope heā€™s a success.

End of the day, our defence currently is shocking, abysmal even. At least in this signing and Laird, Keates is attempting to do something about it.

Now the important questionā€¦does he like shortbread?

Small crumb of comfort, when he was at Kingā€™s Lynn in 17/18 they finished second in their league and he made 40 odd appearances.

lets give him a chance and encouragement. Itā€™s a step in the right direction for me . Welcome aboard Cameron.

5 Likes

Looks like a big strong guy to be fair.

Hopefully useful on set pieces tooā€¦?

https://twitter.com/CameronNorman95/status/992072173878763520

Laird Guthrie New Cb Norman

For tomorrow itā€™ll be

Laird Guthrie Johnson Norman

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Devlin plays, but Leahy left wing.

Never heard of the guy but at least give him a chance before slating him.
It seems a trend now to rubbish every signing now because they are not first team regulars at another club without seeing them play a game.Like it or not these are the players we will get, if you were a first team regular on a good wage would you jump at the chance to play at a club whose ambition is to avoid relegation every year and get paid less.

2 Likes