Chairman Talks to Walsall Fan TV

If there is no hope, there is no hope!! There doesn’t have to be hope - if there is nothing tangible to suggest there will be, then that’s the way it is…sorry if that is blunt. I call a spade a spade and thats it! Like Geordie says above - just give us the truth! The Walsall FC fan base deserve at least that…

You keep repeating your positive points based on very little imo, excuses etc, I shall keep posting my points based on what I beleive. Its a fans forum. We are here to discuss Walsall.

However you would like me to phrase that our fanbase is very much an older generation then I would be happy to oblige…my intention is not to offend even though my points are difficult for some to digest.

2 Likes

Your line is no one at the club knows what they are doing. You are not giving it anymore money because that is your view. Fine.
I enjoy going and give it my money in the form
Of season tickets , programmes, drinks etc because that is the only way I can see of helping the club to survive and possibly get better. End of debate !!

2 Likes

This is a Walsall forum to debate Walsall :roll_eyes: I find your comments bizarre. Its uncomfortable and distressing for all of us that call ourselves fans - do any of us take any pleasure at all in being here discussing this absolute mess?! All we can ask for is accountability, but there is none. Its the same people running the club mate…been in place for a collective 100+ years

You’re getting there!

2 Likes

You’re the one that jumped in on my reply to another poster

But yeah, it’s me, not you. Deluded.

I pay my money and then moan about it. I think sometimes that’s worse :rofl:

Ive never tried S and M though, maybe its for me.

You told us that you lost your income and everything else due to covid and the lock down.
That must have been awful and I think we would feel for you. We know you are in the entertainment business and have suggested you could a better job than the guys at the club.
Is there a connection with your views and your position.

I don’t think so. FHTF has been saying these things for years and years - as have I and many others.

1 Like

It’s not even about doing a better job is it? It’s about being reluctant to change pretty much anything bar the manager. Fans views are just seen as a problem that the club have to be forced to listen to rather than any meaningful dialogue.

8 Likes

How many managers have we had since Smith in just over 6 years? we are on our 7th thats shocking and something cant be right somewhere it cant always be them.

2 Likes

It’s not.

1 Like

Being told to stop ‘repeating’ negative contributions by a poster that will happily sit and put a positive spin on literally anything to do with Walsall FC and its board is hypocrisy of the highest order. Stunned :joy:

I’m doing okay again now thanks @monkeydog although its been a tough rebuild. I think being a part of the modern entertainment business sector (Pirate Studios was my last employer) is why I am so scathing. There’s nothing that Walsall does in operations that comes close to a grasp of modern events - and football would now be considered an event.

Good to hear you are back on your feet.
This covid thing has done a a lot of damage.

1 Like

Thanks mate, put on my first ‘standalone’ event again 2 weeks ago in Brum. Flew headliners in from Italy and Amsterdam - so, we are getting there and people are going out again :pray:t2:

1 Like

Nope I was talking about the youth team. Those results are for the youth team. Until that point players that were young enough to play for both (Leak, Willock so on) weren’t appearing. After Llera left they were. I get why you tried to cling to that, but you’re wrong again. Sorry.

The club have bought in a company to advise on improving the match day experience.
We have seen the burger bars (with chips ) pop up bars and other food outlets. We even have a DJ outside of the turnstiles.
Small steps but I think they are listening and trying.

2 Likes

Happens daily no matter how shit things get :man_shrugging: I remember being told by a certain poster on this site, that has taken exception to being called a happy clapper in this very thread, that I was a delusional troll out for nothing but a reaction by posting negativity for predicting we will be regranted and actually we will finish mid table pretty safely and that was a fair performance.

In the Dean Keates season in league one …

Is this satire?

1 Like

No.

It should be (and I must have missed the banging tunes outside of the ground). The one week Indian street food thing was one of the worst executed street food stalls I’ve ever seen, over priced and underwhelming. The beers still the same and the service on the last game of the season was horrendous. Missed 15 minutes of the game waiting for a pint I went down early for because they had two people serving the biggest crowd of the season behind the goal.

Oh but they have put a proper bog standard burger van behind the family stand, that is true. Amazing. Would never have thought of that one. Well worth bringing a company in for that.

4 Likes