Cheltenham roll call

We have ours :+1: looking forward to this, if we can recreate the atmos that we did at Salford the boys should be up for this, hope we can sign either a decent right winger or an Andy Ramell type forward before the weekend to give us a lift.

2 Likes

Got ours (x2) - let’s hope for another successful away day

UTS

1 Like

Gaffney’s a randy camel type forward - will that do? :camel:

1 Like

I’d fancy this but I’m brassic.

Hope we can scrape more than 500 though, any point gained here is a bonus.

1 Like

200 more tickets have gone on sale after selling out the first 400

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1214892668058324994?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^profile%3AWFCOfficial|twcon^timelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saddlers.co.uk%2F

1 Like

500 tickets now sold!
100 left for sale at the Banks’s plus those who will turn up on the day sounds like a good following to me! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Most likely around 700 then which is another decent following - should be able to make some decent noise in that stand too

1 Like

Cash turnstile on the day . With no price increase. So I can see a fair few turning up on the day tbf

1 Like

Just saw the clubs tweet - extra 200-250 on the day so a total of 800-850 so we should get close to that then

2 Likes

Cheltenham’s away capacity is 1100, so why only 850 available?

Thought the same tbf, not sure whether they’re expecting a good home turnout and using a block of the away end as segregation between the 2 stands as if I’m right the away stand joins with one of the home stands

Because we haven’t sold all the ones they’ve sent us. They sell them by blocks so they know how many stewards etc they need (as they have to pay for these so they try not to overestimate and have to fork our for bodies they didn’t need) - plus it costs to print off the physical tickets so they won’t produce the full amount for every game unless they have to either. There may also be policing implications if they get up to a certain level of expected away fans.

If we’d told them we expected over 1000 of our fans to attend they’d have sent the full lot on day 1 and geared up accordingly. We probably said 200-400 so that’s what they’ve printed and earmarked which blocks we’ll can sit in and which will be kept empty. We’ve sold that initial 400 so have been sent some more - but the rate of sale is such that no one is projecting us to sell-out of these completely (still got 100 of 2nd allocation left with only 24 hours left to sell them) never mind the full capacity - so they are estimating that even with walk-ups it will be less than 800.

If we surprise them on the day, then I’d expect them to open up any remaining “reserved” blocks (so long as they have the steward capacity to cover it - how many they need being dictated by ground safety rules).

For Man Utd and the other moneybags clubs, this sort of thing is inconsequential - they gear up for a full-house every game and it doesn’t matter if they overprint and there are some unused tickets or they have engaged 300 stewards but could have got away with 290. Down at our level the financial constraints means it matter hugely for most clubs (hence why we sometime close all or part of a stand down for some games when they know it will be poorly attended, and why we’ve only used 1 stand for all the EFL Trophy games - up until Tuesday when enough Portsmouth fans came to make segregation necessary).

5 Likes

You are right Andy but I’m not really questioning the printing of the tickets, more so the available space. They should not need to print a ticket in order for me to turn up on Saturday and give them £22.

I’m sure it will be okay as I wouldn’t expect any more than about 800 to be there in total, it just seems a bit stingy saying there’s a limited number when Walsall fans traditionally usually don’t buy in advance.

For a start I think it is actually a contractual obligation from the EFL that they have to give you a physical ticket (if only so that in the event of a match being stopped early then they know who to compensate if they need to).

I see it as Cheltenham probably telling our ticket office something along the lines of “If you do sell all of this extra 200 it’s too late now to send you any more, but there’s no increase in price for pay-on-the-gate and there’s loads of spare seats for walk-ups (up to a capacity of 1000 or so) - so tell you what, we’ll gear up on the expectation of say 800-850 based on what tickets you have sold?” and @WFCOfficial taking that and reporting it as 200 available on the gate when that might not be exactly what was meant.

And, as I say, if more than 800 do turn up then I’m sure they will do their best to accommodate - I’ve seen several instances where the home club they have kept us corralled into a small designated area and then opened up extra blocks of seats, or even other stands, when more Saddlers than they expected turned up (anyone remember that game away at Hereford where they were completely overwhelmed and eventually had to open up the terrace?)

2 Likes

I sure do remember that game. Goughys 'One Step ’ ended up on Sky Sports the week after. 07?

1 Like

I want to take my lad to this one ,first game away ,can anyone tell me of any coaches mini buses going ,child friendly of course and prices ,cheers :+1:t2:

Dh had a few spare seats at 12 quid not sure if he has filled them now .

Looking forward to another decent following, something’s changed recently and it’s for the better.

1 Like

Thanks gav I will try message him :+1:t2:

May take the car ,means no beer tho :sleepy: