Cheltenham Town (H) Tue 16th Feb, 7pm

I’d like to think if we finish mid table Leigh is savvy enough to relieve DC of his duties and pay his last year off,surely he can’t allow him another crack at a season and a transfer window regardless of how they get on the success of his club must surely come before friendships he’s a businessman there are no friends in business.

1 Like

Tozer long throw is incredible, even Man. City couldn’t deal with it the other week. Seems like it’s accounted for 50% of their goals this season.

I assume the blackout on injuries is continuing so no news when J. Clarke is back but this is type of game that would suit him and I’d be more confident with him and Scarr with Sadler perhaps at LB although Max Melbourne did well on his debut.

1 Like

Depends what else is out there and also I think how close DC is to top 7 at end. If it’s a margin of 5 points he can point to the general climate and injuries to Holden and Flash (and also losing the two best players in the squad mid season) as mitigation for the defence and justify having another crack next season (and I believe LP would agree). 10-15 points off though and he certainly isn’t getting a new contract and you then risk the next season just drifting with players not putting in 100% knowing the manager is on borrowed time.

Will be interesting decision for LP if that happens.

I know his stock has gone down a bit last 18 months but to me Paul Tisdale is probably as near in managerial manner as you can get to Dean Smith as the club could realistically get.

He did a very similar job over the years at Exeter with them playing decent football and a good indentity and also developing young players they sold for good money like Tom Nichols and Ollie Watkins.

Also got Franchise out of league 2 and given he flopped at Bristol Rovers his next job will be likely in league 2 so he’s a gettable target if he’s available in the summer and would seem a good fit to me. But then I thought DC would be and he was signed with a similar “project” in mind.

3 Likes

That’s why I think they are overall the best side in the division they can play football and be direct great combination at this level.

New manager bounce should mean we’ll get a get a decent result now!

It’s already had a positive effect because I’m paying to watch now and I suggest we all do the same to show our happiness that he’s gone.

1 Like

1-4 defeat.

1 Like

Team selection for this one is going to be massively interesting. Basically find out tomorrow, and over the next few games, if Dutton is a yes man or actually has ideas of his own.

1 Like

It’s a massive opportunity for Dutton. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t try to put his own stamp on things.

If he does have ambitions to be a Manager in the future then he has 20 games to make an impression or he’ll just go back to being part of a backroom staff.

1 Like

Wonder if it will mean a return to 5-3-2, which is where it all began and perhaps it’s failure, being the very 1st sign Clarke’s tenure was doomed?

1 Like

Rose in goal if he has any football sense whatsoever

1 Like

Let’s hope Dutton has his own ideas for his sake and has not been brainwashed by DC .
I personally would have gone for Sadler but more than willing as I think we all should be to give him his big chance and get behind him .
When you think about it what an opportunity really we are not going down and the play offs are unlikely . So he needs to just go for it be positive and see where it takes him.

Wouldnt be too positive we are not going down, we haven’t reached 50 points yet

Won’t need fifty. That’s when four go down.

I think we should give Dutton a chance…sometimes unexpected things happen in football. If he doesn’t perform then we will have a chance to reset in the Summer.
Selection issues for tomorrow include…goal, right back, centre forward ,wingers so it could be an interesting evening.

1 Like

Actually looking forward to tomorrow’s game just to see how we set up and if there is any change in how the players approach the game.

Grimsby are gone, and Port Vale are now in serious trouble.

4 Likes

its quite sad reading some of the above comments , can see the passion coming thru the computer screen , i may as well throw this in boys
greed will save football , will football be brave enough to save itself ,
the clubs like walsall will be relevant again and the rest .

see its like this when the so called large clubs get there breakaway european elite league
WHICH WILL FLOP SO BADLY IT AINT FUNNY
all the clubs have made a good fist of things without them clubs
just gonna hand them places in the top leagues again or make them suffer and go to the bottom - clubs like ours will benefit from this

So is that a home win, away, or a draw that you’re predicting? :grinning:

Still trying to work that out