Clarkey Out

Exactly.
Can anyone imagine what it would have been like under Jeff in this situation? :flushed:

Exactly that in every sense! But unfortunately even the biggest half full person cant see us wining 3 on the bounce…we cant score in 3 on the bounce let alone win!

If anyone can seriously say that our current lowly situation is caused by any other person than Bonser then I think they need their heads looking at.

That man set in motion a series of events that have put us in a long term decline. I’m not sure how we actually get ourselves out of the decline either.

8 Likes

Agree , but there have also been some very bad decisions made by those still involved with club.

3 Likes

Such as?

Is that a trick question? Or are you suggesting Mole and Gamble are faultless.

Not a trick question.
I’m asking which decisions you’re referring to?

I don’t get all this moaning about Gamble and Mole. In my dealings with the former he has always been fine and although I don’t know the latter when I have seen him at meetings he always strikes me as a decent sort. As Chairman LP has relied on them to help the Club through the financial mess created by COVID and in one his recent messages thanked them both for their efforts. I expect like most of us they have made mistakes but the only people who never make mistakes are those who never do anything.

2 Likes

Match day experience.

Comms and customer liaison.

Managerial appointments, let not pretend they weren’t involved in the process.

There’s 3 which have been in decline for many years.

2 Likes

If I was Pomlett I’d be giving both of them projects to take forward and making sure fans know about them and the success and completion of them.

They need to be more visually doing things for fans to get rid of the stench from being Bonser’s lackeys which they’ve become known for (rightly or wrongly).

1 Like

You have a point but I worked for a number of years for an unpopular bloke but when I took over that was never held against me.I think we have to be fair to people and not tar those two with the JB brush!!

2 Likes

My point was that many of our fans do exactly that.

Utter stupidity to blame Mole and Gamble for 99% of “stuff”.

Bonser paid their wages and like the vast majority of the rest of us, they have to “toe the line” - or else.

4 Likes

The blame: ‘Round and round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows’

It’s Bonser. No it’s not, it’s LP…or Mole…or Gamble. No, It’s Robert’s…perhaps Adebayo. I know, Dan Scarr. FFS, I’m getting dizzy.

There’s only one person who the finger should be pointed at. There’s only one person who has responsibility for our results. There’s only one person who picks the team. There’s only one person who sets them up. There’s only one person who determines the tactics and the system, There’s only one person whose job it is to equip, encourage and motivate the players. There is only one person who is accountable. The buck stops with the the Manager.

8 Likes

It is at this level. Just not making mistakes will get you in the top 7.

If we were league 1, I’d be more forgiving.

4 Likes

I agree completely.

I’d just add set-pieces. Defending them and attacking them. If we were just above average at both then we’d be a lot better off. Alas we are really bad at both. Whether that be penalties, corners, free-kicks or as shown on Saturday even throw-ins - in the fourth division set pieces have always been crucial.

3 Likes

I’ve dealt with Gamble a few times via work in the last 12 months and he’s a genuine, clued up bloke who has a proper passion for this football club. He’s absolutely not the problem here.

3 Likes

Good to know. Do think they’re coming under unfair criticism just because they worked under Bonser. They’re not on the training ground each week with these players.
They worked for Bonser, and worked as he wanted. Doubt many people on here defy the orders of their boss.

2 Likes

They’ve been criticised on here and other social media for years because certain fans see them as just going along with Bonser’s wishes.
Completely forgetting that they are employees. Even seen some idiotic comments saying that if they were such great fans they’d recognise Bonser was doing wrong by the club and resign their jobs. I mean WTF? :rofl:
It’s partly because there seems to be a view that the board make decisions as a whole and as Mole, Gamble & Pomlett were all on the board they get flack. However it seems to me the board was basically there in an advisory role as with the majority of shares all decisions were ultimately made by Bonser.

6 Likes

I mostly agree and none of us really know the goings on within the inner sanctum.

But the impression I get is that in the last few years, Jeff took more of an oversight and final sign-off role rather than running the day to day. Which would mean that the hiring and firing coupled with the attendant spiral of compensation payments would have been mainly recommended by the rest of the board, predominantly the CEO. Which brings with it an accountability for our current plight.

If I’m wide of the mark and Jeff was running the show from top to bottom and ran all the recruitment during that time then you wonder what the CEO was doing.

I like Dan and Stef as human beings and I wish them no ill at all. But they hold executive positions in a business who’s core activity has delivered abject failure over the last few years. In the rest of the business world that sentence does tend to carry a consequence.

5 Likes