D 0-0 (L 3-4 pens) vs Doncaster Rovers (H) - Carabao Cup R1 - Tue 10th Aug, 7:45pm

The online charges will be ticket masters fee, it’s not the club profiteering.

Might help if they make people aware

It’s Ticketmaster , but @RobHarv3y has posted that if you speak to the office they can email the tickets FOC

Sorry if I’m repeating what’s already been said but, I rang the ticket office to try and order Micky Mouse cup tickets. I spent about 15mins in a queue and then got cut off, decided to ring the main office to complain, same thing happened.
Had ago at ordering on line and with help from my Granddaughter managed it.
Charged £15 for one adult and one senior plus £1.25 on each ticket

These charges are ridiculous. 1.25 on every ticket. Cost me 10 quid extra in 2 games makes my blood boil

Will my parking pass for this season cover me for tomorrow’s game then?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/cameron-john-doubt-as-doncaster-rovers-richie-wellens-looks-to-strike-a-balance-at-walsall-3339688

The cut-off after 15 mins is a pain - puts you back to the switchboard which gives you the full “Press X for …” spiel you get at the start but doesn’t accept any number you try and then chucks you out for not responding. Think they really need to look at changing the system as there are ones with much better options out there (e.g. telling you where you are in the queue, no cut-off, note your number and call you back if you don’t want to wait, etc).

You can dial back in - although you are obviously now at the back of the queue again (but the good news is that some of those ahead will probably reach the 15 timeout and get chucked off before they get answered so you jump up the queue a bit).

Personally I’ve not had to dial in more than twice, so persevere with it if you can - you will get through. Even better, the one time I phoned someone in another department picked up the phone because the girls were all busy at the window, took a message for them, and they phoned me back as soon as they were free - no waiting listening to that awful on-hold music. :laughing:

If/when you do get through, you get all the options some of which aren’t available online - choice of downloadable ticket or a paper one (posted to you for £1 or collect), and all without having to pay the per ticket mark-up. Plus you get to talk to human being and help keep their job from being totally replaced by technology.

Reading the last paragraph of that article looks like teams wage contributions to loans are very little. Meaning clubs are having to cover most the wage for players brought in. Does seem many teams are struggling to bring players in and are extremely short.

1 Like

When you ring the ticket office you go into a long queue, then you are again asked to choose an option, when you make a selection you get cut off.
The club would deny it but I think when they are short staffed the system deliberately loses the call.

Sorry , did’nt see your reply.

It’s supposed to cover you for all games including league, cups and the pre-season ones.

I was told when I rang the office before the Palace game that, as they hadn’t been sent out, the stewards would have lists of all those with passes and so didn’t need to pay. They didn’t have my dad’s name down on any of the pieces of paper they had over on the Family Stand side, but still let us in to his disabled spot without charging anyway. Against Villa they didn’t even look when we mentioned “disabled” and just waved us straight in!

It’s probably going to be chaos for the first couple of games because, as they haven’t posted them out as promised, if you can’t get there before tomorrow night or Saturday’s game to pick them up in advance so want to do it on the day, how do you get into the car park in order to do so in the first place?

1 Like

Sounds like you need a big slice of luck :wink:

Cheers mate

Cup game, ok. Let it be good and most importantly, injury free. Rest is irrelevant, no one will judge this season after this game result.
Probably.

Think rose ,mayonnaise , earring , Philips will start this game and hopefully Holden will get 20 minutes from the bench.

And before you mention my spelling of mayonnaise. The only way I can remember his name is roll on the mayonnaise :rofl:

Not to be confused with our ex-player Joe Mayo. :joy:

Racist. :crazy_face:

Nor our previous manager Hellman

1 Like

Rubbish competition, can’t stream so let’s play the kids and focus on the Papa Johns Trophy :rofl: