D 0-0 vs Bradford City (H) - League Two - Tue 7th March, 7:45pm

Can’t see Flynn changing from his 352 system

Evans

White Daniels Monthe

Knowles Comley Maddox Gordon

Hutchinson

Stevens Wilkinson

Interesting that i was told on Saturday that Riley wasn’t injured and it was a case of him just being left out of the squad, surely with midfield being our biggest problem at the moment, surely he should be getting minutes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I think that’ll be the starting line up but when maddox plays, Hutchinson doesn’t play as a 10 he plays alongside maddox with Comley behind.

1 Like

I’d like to see Maher and Riley on the bench to add a bit of interest. Flynn is ex Bradford so should be motivated! I’m guessing that Songo’o is not allowed to play.

Next season, I think a few more home grown youngsters should be in the match day squad but for now, Maher would be a step in the right direction.

1 Like

0-3

“They’re all very naughty and I’ve told them all off”

5890 (1150)

I’ve told my son not to come round as I’m not going. I can’t be bothered to sit there freezing cold watching Andy Cook score against us.

2 Likes

If this was Pomser not a chance but we don’t know how the yanks react yet. Pomlett would just let it carry on until it reached breaking point.

I.must be completely stupid. I have got to go down to Portsmouth tomorrow morning through work, and I am going to try and get back in time to go and watch this next humiliation. Must be mad :crazy_face:

8 Likes

ST holder and not going as I work nights. I’d book the night off if there’s no school so I can take my boy aswell, or if we’re playing n’hampton as I work with a bunch of cobbler supporters :slight_smile:
Even if I didn’t work nights I’d still give this one a miss. No need to freeze my doo-dahs off to watch the kind of performance we saw Saturday lol!

ST holder and I’m not going tonight. It’s just not worth it to stand in the cold probably for Cook to score and also Osadebe to celebrate in front of us and lose, I really hope I’m wrong though and we get a result tonight.

2 Likes

ST holder and was undecided on whether to bother. Then, fortunately, I got a stinking cold yesterday which made my mind up for me. Says a lot really that being ill is a bonus compared to watching that in the cold.

4 Likes

I’d say that almost all the positivity that came from the takeover etc has now well and truly started to disperse.

4 Likes

Has it? I don’t think so. The club now owns the ground albeit on a mortgage which is costing us less than the rent. That can only be a good thing. Work is soon to start on refurbishing the Saddlers Club .That can only be a good thing. Clearly things are not yet right on the pitch but is that down to Trivela or the Manager or the run of serious injuries we have had which is the worst I have known in 60 odd years?
I see on another thread someone doubting our new owners well we just don’t know yet about that but I,for one, am prepared to give them a chance. If we haven’t seen discernible improvements on the pitch in 12 months than I might be joining the nay sayers.

5 Likes

I won’t be there tonight, a friend is going in my place so at least my seat will still be occupied but barring a strong travelling gate I think the audience will be somewhat sparser than we have had possibly all season in the league.

Can’t go today painting the walls and I have to watch them dry

2 Likes

You really must have royal connections because just like Charlie you arrange a stand in to attend on your behalf when it’s not possible for you to attend personally,what a noble gesture your majesty. Bet you draw the line about someone else sitting on your throne especially after all the replenishing alterations to your royal bathing suites. ( I’m walking with bowed head backward towards the exit of this conversation ) long live the king.

Does the stand in have full authority to conduct the debrief though?

Going off the dwindling numbers,some of the messages on here and the lack of an atmosphere in the ground I’d say it’s certainly not what it was.I’m not placing the blame on any individuals I’m just saying in my opinion the positive vibes are slowly dispersing.

4 Likes

Not being deliberately negative, but Walsall FC are masters of their craft when it comes to failing to build on any wave of positivity. Had hoped this would change with Trevela but to use an Only Fools and Horses analogy, it all feels a bit “Trigger’s broom” for the new broom for the second takeover running. Big summer ahead, but I think a lot of people are tired of thinking that at this time of year in the 4th division, with another tedius quarter of a season to see out and the manager talking about players playing for their contracts/futures after a huge winless run blah blah…rinse and repeat.

8 Likes

I’d go with this too but probably DJT in for Wilkinson. He’s offered precisely nothing yet this season and I really can’t stand another night watching him throw his arms about like a child.

How many times has Cook scored since leaving in 2019? Can remember him sticking one in here for Mansfield and taking great delight so it’s set up for him to score a winner in the inevitable tight/tedious match.

If team were on a good run it would be exciting to have these Sat-Tues-Sat weeks but it all feels one big long slog now.

1-2 Bradford.

1 Like