D 0-0 vs Carlisle United (H) - League Two - Mon 10th April, 3pm

We all think ya’m bonkers @KingCrod

6 Likes

Good post that @Scooby2167 I think Flynn is in a low/dark/disillusioned (delete as applicable) place. The squad & now the manager are low in confidence & it’s sad to see.

Flynn is a human being, doing his job to what he will believe is the best of his ability, given the resources & infrastructure at his disposal. His well-being mental health is important, not saying we shouldn’t call him out, it’s his job after all, it’s the territory, but there is a person at the end of this.

Confidence is a crucial characteristic in football teams. I posted in February, that everyone in that dressing room is aware that we’d lost our best two players in January; that affects confidence. If you don’t think you are going to score, you are already on the back foot.

It’s rinse & repeat of the season Clarke left, the problems aren’t in the dugout, they’re in the boardroom or perhaps given how football has moved on & we haven’t this is now our level.

3 Likes

By the way @geordiesaddler should be a scout.

2 Likes

It’s match day!!!
Who’s excited???

2 Likes

Limp on

Very sad indeed, I think someone on the Rochdale thread said something along the lines of “they come out on to the pitch already beaten”. The body language is all wrong, if DJ’s goals had not happened we would be where Rochdale are now.
The confidence has drained away, we are watching the death throws of rubbish squad, most of whom know they will be looking for pastures new so CBA.
Why should paying customers have to put up with such ineptness. Football is supposed to be part of the great entertainment business, there is certainly none of that on show from our organisation…now watch us get a coupon busting 1-0 victory! Then I wake up to see the much anticipated 0-3 defeat.

Not excited about the likelihood of being turned over, but hopefully it will be a good game.

Even the weathers not excited.It was really nice yesterday and today it’s pissing down.

1 Like

Anyone know what time the draw is to see who will be starting up front today?

1 Like

As soon as DJ & Bennet left the whole club including us the fans knew the playoffs & even winning matches was going to be incredibly difficult. We all including the club clinged to the fact that that two unfit strikers from a relegation threatened side who hadn’t been scoring, could recapture former glories. They haven’t & everyone’s confidence has just dwindled away.

Fit, confident, in form, creative, attractive, goal scoring players cost money, can pick & chose their club. Our beloved Walsall just don’t tick those boxes anymore & haven’t for a while.

Perhaps this is our level now. Perhaps bottom half of 4th division avoiding relegation is where we are. After all I don’t see a plan to the contrary & simply waiting to get lucky with a manager/player isn’t a plan & isn’t working.

Just imagine if DJ like most of our loans had been a flop! We’d be down by now.

Perhaps it’s time to start looking down the league again & not up it. Ffs. Limp on.

1 Like

I can’t see anything other than a defeat for this one.
As I’ve said previously, half the squad are thinking about their holidays, it’s been a long, tough season so one can’t really blame them as we’ve nothing to fight for.
The rot started setting in when we lost DJ, wouldn’t it have been interesting had he stayed? Much more to fight for, right?
The rest of the season is a write off imho - very disappointing with the talent in the squad and ANOTHER year of trying to get out of this division.

Being as we have nothing today for I’d go:

Evans

Riley McEntee Monthe Gordon

Hutchinson Comley Maddox

Wilkinson Matt Knowles

And go mad.

However… what we will most likely get:

Evans

Riley White Low Monthe Gordon

Comsella
Hutch

Knowles Matt

Flynn’s just had a coronary reading that post.

I’ve just put the same team in a Walsall fans Whatsapp chat with friends from school I’m in and someone said exactly the same :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Could this Match potentially be the end for flynn?

I think only if it was a 4/5/6 goal drubbing tbh.

I think it will be a draw today. We love a draw.

It would make more sense to utilise a full team, although whether we use 10 or 11 probably won’t make much difference,

1 Like

I’m sorry but you can blame the players and management for how its panned out , they should have done a lot better.

2 Likes

I can’t go along with that statement about not blaming those players who might be thinking about their holidays. I know that I haven’t contributed to their wages this season, but there are a lot on here who have that might take a different view.

1 Like

If any of us don’t perform on a regular basis at work we get a talking to and in the end disciplinary procedures and then the chop.Everyone has a bad day now and again granted but some of these have had far too many bad days.The players that are leaving in the summer at this stage have nothing left but personal pride but it seems some of them don’t even have that to show.