D 0-0 vs Colchester United (A) - League Two - Tue 14th Feb, 7:45pm

At least their new digs are further away from the students and the squaddies.

I tend to agree but we do create a few chances, in fact, without much looking like taking them. Everything depends on Matt & Matt clicking at some point. Remember that when Johnson was scoring, we still had the same midfield.

Personally, I am happy that this is a season where we are not in relegation trouble but our more ambitious plans have been derailed by injury and losing good loan players mid-season. But that luck will not be bad forever and I am confident that the club has turned the corner.

As for tonight, I don’t think it will be pretty and expect 0-0 or 1-1.

1 Like

A bit of optimism on the injury front from Flynn.

Kins said in the stadium suite Saturday expects to be on grass this week and back in contention next week so I suspect it’ may be to early for him can’t risk another injury.

2 Likes

Our current hiccup in form has left it out of our own hands now because even if we win both games in hand Stockport who occupy the last playoff spot have a goal difference that is double ours so it’s slightly disappointing that we were once talking of being 4th if we won our games in hand to now needing a heck of a lot to go our way to even make the last playoff spot.It’s no coincidence that Danny going back has seen us dry up up top so we need to start finding our shooting boots quickly because the likes of Stockport aren’t messing about now they are and have all kicked on whilst we’ve stuttered slightly.Lose this tonight and I can’t see us making it and that pains me to say so.

1 Like

We haven’t got goals in the team at the moment and they win you games we may score the odd one but then invite pressure on ourselves .
Can we please have a forward line which is ours for the start of next season and who are fit ffs basics

2 Likes

I don’t think the forwards are the issue other than them building a bit of match sharpness. We have two natural goal scorers in the team who are chasing things down and feeding off scraps.

I think it comes down to our link up play between defence and attack which can too often be completely non existent. Knowles works his socks off but needs to work on his end product and get some decent passes forward and crosses into the box, with injuries in the middle of the pitch we have a very industrial middle 2 without the likes of Earing, Kinsella and Maddox and Hutch goes missing for large periods of games.

2 Likes

I am all preped up for tonight
Valentine triple cooked chips with a frey bentos

Should give me time for a couple of pre match beers
Up the Saddlers

12 Likes

I thought that’s what the “HOOF” was invented for…:thinking:

Those bananas should be ripe in a week or so.

2 Likes

I have to buy them like that, San is type 2 diabetic, and trust me they will be ripe enough in a couple of days for her :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Impressive oven!! Not half inched from the crod manor was it?!!:joy:

2 Likes

No
I have to use this one myself, i can’t afford kitchen staff :joy:

1 Like

I prefer chicken anyway

1 Like

He’s having to deep-fry them.

1 Like

And being the old romantic that i am
I gave her a choice and guess which one she has chosen

:wink:

3 Likes

I see a 2-0 defeat for this one. Colchester in form, us not really creating much. Live in hope though!

Their away form is outstanding. At home they’re LWLDD.

I like a pukka pie or a pie from this butcher down at a farm shop in Aldridge
It’s amazing

2 Likes

Our company used to print the tinplate for these pies. About 7 years ago, I was enjoying a nice lunch in Spain on the day before we flew home when all hell broke loose. Princes (who own the brand these days), had found a few filled tins in the warehouse which had a Chicken & Mushroom lid and a Minced Beef & Onion base. :joy: (I wasn’t laughing at the time).

A mob descended on our factory on the following Monday morning threatening all sorts of stuff (product recall) which would have killed us. Anyway, following a quick investigation, we established that a rogue set up sheet had been left on the pallet. We managed to convince them that there would only be 30 of these, and after a couple of days, they confirmed that they had found them all, which only resulted in them charging us a couple of grand for the sorting costs.

I still had one of them until I moved back up here. I chucked it out without ever opening it to see what was actually in it.

2 Likes