D 0-0 vs Gillingham (A) - League Two - Sat 20th Aug, 3pm

Does that mean we might be better in dealing with the press?

2 Likes

I see what you did there! Will he improve us in the air - sorry: on the air - as well?!!

I see us losing this one, think we need to get a number of the injured players back and fast.

1 Like

Yes both had Wankerz for Chairmen.

I’m not really sure what to expect today,the same again or a massive reaction.I’d like to think with the back room team and obviously Flynns input that it’ll be the latter.I’ve had one burning question all week…….why do we always end up playing like this every season,even though we’ve had one investment,two a massive overhaul of players again some of which from a level above and three with a manager that every single side in this league would like to have in charge?

1 Like

Deeper routed than that. The rot set in a long time ago, hopefully with Trivela coming in, in time, the mindset will change.

1 Like

It did set in a long time ago and some of that rot still hangs around until Trivela slowly remove it.But the culture of the club has now been changed in its direction by Flynn who came in and has said on multiple occasions that he wanted a mentality shift,it was mentioned after the Hartlepool game that the club looked to be making strides in a better direction so what’s happened since that final whistle? I’m not alone in my thinking either with plenty on here getting slightly worried but it’s football I guess mate and things can change just as quickly in the opposite direction,so hopefully that defeat and the manner of it are a blip and we can start playing some where near as well as we did on the opening day.

I agree that Flynn and Trivela are a good combination to change the culture in the club, but it will take time. Flynn even said this himself after Barrow.

But you’re right, hopefully performances will improve, but I think days like Hartlepool will be less common and performances like Newport where it isn’t all that pretty on the eye may be the norm.

1 Like

I fear that will be the case. I suppose getting out of this awful division is the only target that matters and, once we are in L1, we can try to entertain a bit more. But it is a depressing thought to look forward to a successions of defensive actions, nicking a goal and the forwards only role after that is to keep the ball near the corner flag to waste time.

1 Like

Beats seven-game losing streaks…

2 Likes

1-1 or a 0-2

One of the few lower league ‘old school’ clubs where I have never been or had any desire to go :joy: is it me, or barring a few deece results over the years, do we always seem to struggle there?

The Gills lead the head-to-head with 47 wins to Walsall’s 45. There have been 24 draws between the two clubs.

From the Gillingham website.

Had a feeling Maher would start

1 Like

Maher will be the real deal, he’s clearly making a huge impact in training… brilliant to see

Knowles LWB looking at that i’d say, with Maher being the most advanced midfielder.

No Allen in the 18. An injury perhaps?

Why is MF persisting with White if he is carrying a knock?

Big call by MF today, but he must have total faith in RAM to have made that call.

Lump on, I feel it today!

2 Likes

More of this (11, 0, 4, 1, 1 shots on target in last games), less of this (2, 2, 1, 4, 5 opponents teams shots on target in a similar period of time). I only hope White is fully fit. In his position you must give more than 100 pct. And no injuries, enough for this season. First game for Maher I think, so debutant luck is with him.