D 1-1 vs Scunthorpe United (H) - League Two - Tue 17th Aug, 7:45pm

I said that to someone yesterday I was buzzing for weeks boring everyone at work talking about going to Tranmere I couldn’t wait for the season to start 2 league games in if I didn’t have a season ticket I wouldn’t even be arsed going tonight.

1 Like

The only position where Osedebe is effective is playing off the front striker(s) .Towards the end of last season he had some good games .To play him in a 2 in midfield is wrong and in the last 2 games he has been the deepest of the midfield. The Coach really needs to learn more about his players and fast. When he does this squad with another forward will do well but the balance on Saturday was clearly wrong.

3 Likes

Don’t give up yet…the season is long and teams who start badly often do very well in the end.

Did he? Can’t remember as I have consigned last season to the depths of my memory :smiley:

Osadebe didn’t start to feature until late on in the season. I can’t remember him being anything special or dramatically turning games in our favour.

I liken him to Kinsella from the Keates season. Kinsella became the man of the moment, the player we would build our team around. Fundamentally all he did was put some effort and passion in and it shone like a beacon in a sea of rubbish.

Apply the same to Osadebe this season, he might have been a bit better than some of the dross at the tail end of last season. That is no way an indicator to him being a good player or a fixture in our starting XI.

He will score a worldie tonight now you watch :smiley::see_no_evil:

My sock drawer needs sorting so I can’t make it tonight! The thought of driving 50 miles to watch that, not being able to have a pint or two to numb the pain, or a decent pie and then standing in piss at half-time - no thanks. I’ll be back but not tonight.

We lose tonight I’m really concerned about the pressure Taylor/The club will be under

These are absolute dog - the worrying thing is confidence is surely bound to be low - this would seriously tip the scales it we lose this evening and I find it hard to see how we would bounce back.

Both with player confidence and fan confidence

1 Like

The players looked only half arsed on Saturday, no fight, no guile, no enthusiasm, no confidence, most of the senior players looked as if they were only there to get one last pay day.
If our squad can’t be bothered then why should the fans…Taylor has to change this malaise instantly, otherwise we are in for a long hard slog to cement a mid table spot…

I just wanna see a performance and Taylor to get his lineup/ tactics and in game management right. If osadebe does start then let’s hope it’s behind the striker and he never takes a corner or set piece again. That’s the mini Taylor should get right tonight. I’m going for a 2-1 win if Taylor learned from his mistakes. My team would be

Rushworth
Kinsella. Taylor menayse ward
Labadie. Perry
Wilkinson Earing Kiernan
Phillips

We are odds-on for a home win in the betting tonight - shortest odds in the division.
Seems like we should all be putting our feet up and relaxing.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the fact I need to get my Hartlepool ticket I don’t think I’d be bothering tonight. The rushing back from work to head out, get back home late and not really relax before work again tomorrow with watching Walsall wedged in between just sounds like a massive chore. A handful of games in after 18 months away, well done, that is some effort WFC.

4 Likes

Really hope the players put on a really good performance for the fans tonight.

I won’t be going (season ticket holder) - better and more important things to do. I will give the club a couple of weeks to sort themselves out before returning.

Must win game so soon. I hope this time propper tactical instructions will be used, but if not, well, some forum meltdowns are shaping up on the horizon. So better not to go that way and simply play better.

1 Like

We’ll click tonight. I foresee a nice 2-0 win for the Super Soaraway Saddlers.

UTS!

Do I go to the game or sit at home in my pants drinking booze as I’m not at work tomorrow?

Come and sit in your pants at the game - it’s probably the best way to keep your trousers clean on those seats!

7 Likes

I will be surprised if Labadie or Shade will be in the squad tonight as both went off with injuries on Saturday and Labadies suffered a few injury breaks over his last couple of seasons with Newport, ice packs were straight out on Saturday when he sat down

Is this a vote? I vote pants and booze.

1 Like

If that’s the case and I don’t doubt you , why bring a player in , in a pivitol position who doesn’t seem able to get through 90 mins and make him captain .

You’ve obviously just painted a wall and it needs to be watched whilst drying! :wink:

Not that exciting mate! :joy::joy: