D 1-1 vs Sutton United (H) - League Two - Sat 1st April, 3pm

There is nothing left to play for this season, so why not give him more game time?

Yeah he might be a little lightweight in the tackle, alot of young players are in academies. Look at when Jamie Paterson started with us, he was like a matchstick, but he had talent and we gave him a chance. He’s also young lad with a direct approach, something that this team at times lacks massively and it wouldnt hurt anyone if he played from now until the end of the season.

With how little some of the loanees have contributed since January, using Yann Songo’o as a prime example, would you rather someone like that sit on the bench and get minutes on the pitch or would you rather one of our own academy players, one of a very few that has shown any sort of promise over the past 6/7 years?

3 Likes

Totally agree, we may as well give a few of the promising youngsters a place on the bench with the odd 5 or 10 mins at the end of games. I wouldn’t be rushing to play the loanees too much for the rest of the season, unless we have a realistic chance of signing them.

1 Like

I’m not sure Flynn is either seeing as none of them started the game at Wimbledon on Tuesday.

1 Like

Fond memories of when gangly young attacking players (Fryatt, Grigg, Deeney etc) would return from pre-season built like brick shithouses. The Whitney effect.

4 Likes

Allan Clarke too.

He returned not like a brick shithouse mind you, but also not the ‘long streak of piss who would never make a footballer as long as he has a hole up his …’, that one the half-way line ‘supporter’ used to tell us.

For one reason….it’ll do RAM more harm than good. Anyone just thinking getting out there and getting experience is a good thing or that he’d get on the ball and try a few things to be creative is deluded.

It could set him back. He’s way off ready.

Don’t take my word for it, the evidence is in the fact he trains with them every day and no one has thought he’s ready to play yet.

Remember this isn’t about pleasing fans or making the team better or worse this is simply about what’s best for a kids development.

Paterson was 19/20 the season he made his debut RAM is still 18! It’s a huge difference.

4 Likes

Acker Birch, Gary Shelton, David Kelly, Dean Keates, all of them could be described as lightweight when they first played, and not forgetting the great Mini Preece of course.

1 Like

What’s the likelihood we will ever see that kind of quality on the bench again?
To be honest, we’ve no chance now of reaching play off places, so what is there left to play for?
How about some pride in the shirt and the contract they’re under. This maybe the last contract they will ever have at this level. Personally, I would be giving it my all.
As for tomorrow’s game lads, please put a little more effort into controlling and passing the ball, the result will be more favorable.
As always, good luck lads.

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1641821401077395456?t=Vk72hRcxBgOg1c1nkhjh1A&s=1

Matchday guide for those going tomorrow

I like how people say ‘why not throw him in, we’ve got nothing to play for’ yet still complain when we’re shit.

We might have nothing to play for, but we still need our best team out there. We need a good finish to the season.

3 Likes

Can we not share random hyperlinks without context, please.

1 Like

If we had a thriving academy and Youth Team I’d be tempted to throw a few in. However ours get hammered every week!!!. How could they possibly improve the first team

1 Like

We start this game in 14th place thanks to Tranmere’s point at home to Harrogate (1-1, Friday).

The other game also ended up 1-1 between Stockport County and Salford City. The reported attendance at Edgeley Park was 10,305 - a very healthy turnout! OK, it’s a local derby, but Salford wouldn’t have contributed hugely to that figure.

1 Like

Probably the 5 :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

Assuming that we wouldn’t contravene any “full available strength” regulations, it might be in our interests to immediately rest all of our contracted players for next season and wrap them in cotton wool and/or armour, hopefully to be unleashed, uninjured, at the start of next season.

On the other hand, it may be as well for them to get injured now rather than wait until August, so they would have this summer to recover!!!

I think we missed our opportunity to make the play offs by not recalling Clarke and Abraham from their loans.

584 away audience

The point about RAM is a poor one and most likely fuelled by Walsall Fan TV (the joy and the pain). What I would say is with little left to play for unless we win on Saturday I see no harm in him being on the bench and at least getting some introduction to the quality of league football and he and the club can at least see how near/far away he is from first team football. Judging by he and his families antics at the start of the season I fear the promise of first team soccer has already gone to his head.

With nothing left to play for this season, why doesn’t the manager just remove the shackles and go for it. I would rather us lose 2-3 in an entertaining game than be safety first and watch another awful 0-0 draw. Just some entertainment please that’s all I ask :pray:

2 Likes

Apparently he already has

I’ll be in attendance today so seeing a goal go in would be nice.I’ll go for a 3-0 win………April fools!!!

Hope everyone going has a good time today x you deserve it