D 3-3 vs Newport County (H) - League Two - Sat 1st Jan - 3pm

Superb mate what an Effin strike :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

He’s effing off to work in LA next month so I can go back to being an old codger again. Fecka wearing me out.

1 Like

Wilkinson’s strike reminded me of the Alun Evans strike back at Fellows park against Leicester

1 Like

I certainly think he got in and about James Clarke.

I was impressed with her early on as she was not up for them stealing yards on free- kicks and seemed to be well up with play but she appeared to have a personal vendetta with Kinsella at one point and beyond 70 minutes there were some shambolic decisions - or lack of them. They certainly got away with a lot. Two blatant obstructions that should never been yellow cards spring most immediately to my mind.

3 Likes

Ridiculous foul by Phillips led to their first

3 Likes

Conor Wilkinson definitely brings a lot more to the table when we play long balls over the top than Miller does.He was a menace today he’s certainly better shoulder to shoulder with defenders than anything we have going forward.Keeping all these players fit is key to a good season,what’s that now 11 without a goal for George? He works his socks off though if he didn’t I’d say Barnsley could have him back.

1 Like

I know Wilkinson doesn’t see himself as a central striker but his presence up front is so much better than anything else we have in terms of making something from the often ropey long balls that are punted in his or Miller’s direction. Two great finishes too.

1 Like

Really don’t miss James Clarke and his constant diving and feigning injury, blokes an embarrassment to the game!

10 Likes

Agree with most phillips didn’t need to foal and white went missing for the first. Way to easy. Then to see us score to be canceled out in mins is childish football not once but twice. Ref missed several penalties she was out of depth late on in the game. Wilkinson what a strike still like him cutting in not a number 10.
everyone know I’m not a big kinsella fan as the only player who help club get relegated then helped to fight relegation battles, he a non league player at best, but to here he got man of the match was a joke. Continually fouled gave ball away and kept slowing game down by passing backwards. But must admit loved last 15 mins and even the pitch invasion to a league 2 match in middle of winter that we should be winning. See you all again on the 22nd.

To be fair he’s playing right forward when he gets those goals so you don’t need to play him centrally too get him in those positions.

I think he also had their full back on toast a couple of times and should have had an assist and nearly won a pen from cutting in on the right.

I’d be interested to know his goals/minute ratio. I have a sneaky suspicion it’s the best at the club whilst playing out there in his position.

It was a brilliant game my voice is still a little horse.

2 Likes

Just ride it out mate, will be stable in no time.

2 Likes

I had a pony on winning that game.

1 Like

When he came from us I was very impressed given how he’d been at the Gas but he seemed to spend long portions of the season injured and was increasingly immobile and relying on his ‘experience’ to get through games.

That’s the Saddlers for you

2 Likes

Ye he would probably have done better if he tried to play his way out of trouble at times, he did them no favours towards the end.

Do you think someone should vet these puns?

3 Likes

Definitely worth asking the equestrian.

4 Likes