Darrell Clarke

OVF has been around a while, if it’s the same guy. Might suffer from having only one eye.

Unlucky, haven’t really deserved that, but the game changes on the Guthrie chance. I said before and I said it again, this feels like our last relegation season. Changes to personnel and formations one game to the next, no identity, cannot see where the next goal let alone point is coming from, weak midfield and you just know we are going to concede. This is not a slight on Clarke (though I’m not convinced at all 3 games in I have to be honest) but I really do fear the worst.
I’ve just taken this from today’s Port Vale match. It sounds like posts from our site.

1 Like

Yes it does to be honest wiv ya.

1 Like
1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

I remember Ron Saunders taking two teams down in the same season. Blues were in big trouble and were ultimately relegated after he was sacked. He left for Albion who were also then relegated.

I think Billy McNeil came close to doing the same thing a year or so later with Villa and Man City.

I’m not sure anybody has done this with two fourth division sides. A unique opportunity that may come to pass the way both sides are going right now.

:rofl::rofl:

“Winning football matches that’s what I do”

1 Like

Good that’s fantastic news so seen as your a fan mate you interested in a job around the WS1 area?

…And I bet that’s all you get out of bed for everyday isn’t it mate … :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Its a bit like a Trumpism but with even more delirium involved

When were the Vale " great " that they have delusions that DC and the DOF will return them to ?

Apt description “Revolutionary”. They’ll be going round in circles with him at the helm.

1 Like

My sheer admiration goes out to LP for getting paid monetary compensation for someone who didn’t live up to the expectations when we gave a 3 year deal and we couldn’t afford/justify financially to get rid of and pay to end his contract and then pay a new manager

A masterstroke akin to the ££££ for Ade and Zak who could go for free at the end of the season

Wonder who groomed him ? The tentacles reach from afar

A one hit wonder from the 70s comes to mind which has a certain irony to it

Where’s the money gone ( where’s the money gone )…far, far away…Chirpy chirpy cheap cheap yeah

5 Likes

That’s a complete slur, Middle of the Road were NOT one hit wonders.
Who could forget their follow-up epic, “Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum”, which was an early homage to Gamble and Mole.

2 Likes

And not forgetting Soley Soley in homage to bonzo single handedly stripping the club of assets.

2 Likes

I will pop onto Spotify and see if there is a copy of Middle of the Road’s greatest hits on there to pass 6 or 7 minutes when I am bored LOL

1 Like

No mate you are getting confused, a film was made that mirrored Gamble and Mole called " Dumb and Dumber "

1 Like

I’ve questioned if we need both (without knowing how the club works)

In the same way Whalley became synonymous with the smoke and mirrors of the 90s as he was the barrier between us and Bonser

It’s now Gamble and Mole

We are right to question their role Within the structure of the club

We are wrong to question their character integrity or work ethic

1 Like

Well Gamble is the Chief Executive and LP told us he was the finance man he relies on which isn’t surprising as he is an accountant. Mole is the Company Secretary and from what I understand spends a fair amount of time on the extensive community programme we run. Neither are marketing men but if you look in the programme you will see we have people paid to deal with commercial and marketing matters.
The club is a medium size business and both roles are essential. I like Gamble having dealt with him a few times .I don’t know Mole but as far as I can tell he works hard for the club.
I think what the club lacks and has done for years is some inspirational leadership. It isn’t surprising because people who can provide that are rare. FUNK makes some very good points about the lack of imagination and forward thinking in the Club but if I were running the show I would try and employ someone capable of doing just that. Indeed if I were in charge FUNK would have been in my office months ago to discuss his ideas.

6 Likes