Dean Smith and John Terry

Beast?

Haha I only browse it to be honest mate don’t bother with using it all that much.

1 Like

■■■■ off :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

People ignore the fact that he improved so many players … Sawyers, Rico, Downing , JOC, Bradshaw , Etheridge . The list goes on.

2 Likes

And add to that the players he worked wonders with at Brentford who moved on for big money.

1 Like

He’ll be back at Walsall in 2 years! Icarus complex.

More in terms of the pleasing on the eye play clicking. Wasn’t a huge amount of quality in 11/12 which was another survival season but then from 12/13 onwards it happened. Similar at Brentford.

In his last season in charge we played some great stuff - by then we had the players to make the best of the 4-2-3-1 system. But, some of the football we played in the previous 2 seasons was pretty boring, tippy-tappy, aimless stuff with very little end-product. Not to mention the 16-game winless streak that would have got most other managers sacked. He’s obviously done a good job at Brentford but the pressure at Villa will be so much greater than at Brentford. I wish him well.

Wish Dean all the best but I would seriously worry about Terry as my number two.A man who on a personal basis cannot be trusted just as likely to have your missus as have your back.He would not have been Smith’s own choice and has been appointed by the suits at the Villa.If things are not going well he will always have a wish to be the number one.

Probably. If they hadn’t absolutely rescued us from relegation and then been left with a ■■■■ poor side.

1 Like

O’Kelly will also join, I think it’s a clever appointment on reflection.

Another excuse used by many for Smith owing us something is the winless runs and us not sacking him. He helped save the club from relegation with one of the worst squads I’ve seen at Walsall, us not sacking him was us giving him something back for that surely?!

1 Like

Smith was given time to make mistakes after the initial save from relegation and was finally able to bring things together (almost culminating in promotion)

At the end of the day, he would nt have made a fortune during his Playing Career - or indeed being in charge at the Banks’s, so he’s probably on his first big Contract at the Villa.

I wish him nothing but the best👍

6 Likes

Agree 100%.

I agree up to a point. But this poor side went on a great run after the winless streak and almost got into the play-offs…so I don’t believe it was all the players’ fault. Good luck to Deano, I hope he gets Villa in the Premiership. But I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that he will return to the Banks’s one day as manager.

1 Like

Nobody is saying it is all the players fault. They are saying Smith had the credit in the bank for that run of games. Samsara posted the names above. That ■■■■ poor team is exactly that. That is the job he had on his hands and built up the credit from. Not the one we had during that 16 game run that as you say were almost in the play offs come the shake up (mostly brought into or through the club by him by the way). Suppose it’s just a good job we didn’t sack him and he went on to win 11 and draw three of the next 16…

Think we’d have to already be in the Championship, AT LEAST, for that to happen.

Someone on good authority has posted on here before saying Smith was on £100,000 a year managing Walsall - not peanuts.

Yes it is. It might not be to you and me. In terms of Football and Football Managers? Peanuts.

1 Like

He can come now,but only as Keats No 2.

Not for League One Level.