DOF named today?

Yes over 100 applications with 11 being interviewed.A bit surprised we have heard nothing yet as LP said he hoped to make an announcement over the weekend.

You know how it is, we interview, they do well, we then offer them ‘the package’, and they laugh and walk away.

5 Likes

I’m sure he said he’s looking at candidates who are contracted to clubs until the end of the season, so I take it he decided to offer the job to someone who falls in this category and he probably won’t announce it until his contract has finished.

100 candidates. I wouldn’t have thought there were that many (qualified) managers out of work.
Then again, our qualified is probably nowhere near LP’s qualified.
Surely out of all those candidates, one or two would be quality.

They’re not managers! Can we please get this through our heads. All I’ve seen is people suggest managers for this role, and there might be one or two ex managers in there.

But that is not what a DoF is. Chances are you won’t have heard of them and then the ■■■■ boiling will begin, for once unwarranted.

2 Likes

Where I worked in the 90s we had a cleaner, and whenever Wolves or Albion mislaid their Manager he would apply for the job. He had no experience in the game but would ask “why does that make me a worse choice than Bobby Gould or Colin Lee?” :grin:
I haven’t seen him in 20 years, but I’m wondering if he’s one of the 100 applicants.

4 Likes

Saw this guy looking a bit confused heading towards the stadium last night

He mentioned he was looking forward to working with Roberts and learning him how to use his head when need arises

2 Likes

The delay might suggest our chosen candidate is already at another club?

1 Like

Really? Are we still surprised that something Pomlett said hasn’t happened?

Chuck it on the pile with we need to sell players/top ten budget, Dutton needs wins, Play off expectations and the rest of the empty words he comes out with.

5 Likes

I would guess Pomlett has a few other personal pressing financial reasons other than ‘caretaking’ Bonsers nest egg .
:no_mouth:
At least WFC has had a nicely timed and convenient windfall, circa £600k after a smart bit of business in the January transfer and manager market.

2 Likes

Well thats Jeff sorted for 16 months and why shouldn’t it

1 Like

That would be my guess - all agreed with the chosen individual but need to sort out them leaving their current club before making any announcement can be made.

2 Likes

If that is the case then tell us. We don’t need names but some sort of hope.

1 Like

Looks like we’ll have to go for target D,E and F then like we do with other positions at the club.

1 Like

Maybe more than one round of interviews

I’d like to think that we’ve whittled it down to 2/3 and then gone right then… here’s the scenario come up with a proposal (not to far away from the truth) for recruitment strategy , scouting network etc

1 Like

I prefer to wait to determine the best option, than hurry it and go for anybody. I will trust the owner in this, because he probably knew the weight of this decision and that it shouldn’t be rushed.

We are not guaranteed to get the best option, as those conducting the interviews have no clue.

Really we needed a DOF to interview the DOF :joy:

3 Likes

Still nothing then…this thread is misleading which today is it?

Yes, the best person to interview DOF is another DOF. But it’s not that simple, that a former manager or coach or player automatically will be a good sporting director. To be a good sporting director you need to have some skills, not necessary football skills, but for example negotiating skill or judging skill. And after some interviews it can be determined, if someone has it, or not. I’m not expecting some good name, but I would expect someone at least average at this job.

Who started the bs about it being Chris Turner