L 2-1 vs Doncaster Rovers (A) - League Two - Tue 9th April, 7:45pm

Doing OK?
Yup agree it’s pretty average.

Going up through the play offs would be one of the best achievements in recent history.

I’d take one season of being back in league one instead of having another season in this league with no guarantees of success next season.

8 Likes

I’m puzzled by that Thanny. When I see DJ chasing shadows, I do wonder what the hell we signed him, given the way Sadler sets out his stall. DJ needs to play in a different team. Tonight he had over half an hour and was completely anonymous and off the pace. That’s not a criticism of him, it’s just an observation that he doesn’t fit this style of play.

2 Likes

Best we’ve done for 6 years, and he’s in his first season. Good stuff in my book

2 Likes

Hello Belg, how you doing mate?

If you go through these threads you’ll see most people should be happy with our season. Or at least they would be if they didn’t change their minds once we start doing a bit better :laughing:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. To go up via the play offs and then have a Carlisle like season would be horrendous and something the club may not recover from.

We will go up at some point I think but not with this bunch of players. 2 many are not good enough

Thought Sadler very down tonight in interview knows that was big opportunity missed and it’s realistically over .

2 Likes

Only watched on ifollow this evening but still feel massively disappointed. Probably more so than MK.

Be interesting to hear from the good folk that went tonight.

Or we could go up in the play offs and have a couple of seasons back at League 1 level, like Port Vale have.

Or doesn’t that fit your narrative?

2 Likes

Very disappointing. Thought we were the better team until they unlike us took their chance, Thought the 2nd half was a bit of a damp squib. Didn’t feel we were creating anything for the strikers… Left as it went into stoppage time so missed Hutch’s goal.

1 Like

Generally we are meeting most posters expectations of around 8th - 10th
Crawley seem to have defied most peoples views

1 Like

Don’t really have a narrative other than to say we would be an extremely poor team at that level as in my view we dint have the 5 or 6 players in the Team good enough and like I said you can’t buy a whole new one!

I reckon daniels would be ok at L1 level. And DJT pure talent in those boots

2 Likes

My comments are based on this season, not one game. I agree that tonight was disappointing, but it wasn’t a disaster by any means

5 Likes

I think last year Johnson would have put both those early chances away, I can’t understand why Sadler use’s a half fit Matt has he just said and have to sub him at half time but not use a fit Johnson instead.

3 Likes

Agreed mate. Guess we’re all a bit down tonight as it probably highlighted just where we are.
Still if ( and it’s a big if) we can beat Notts and Swindle it’s still all to play for.

1 Like

My missis as decided she can’t see me suffering anymore and she calling the vet tomorrow :flushed:

3 Likes

Service issues. Even half fit Matt will look better, than DJ feeding on scraps.

Hopefully have Earing back on Saturday, Stirk has been ok but Earing offers us so much more.

2 Likes