Dutton Out

Just saw this on twitter table with Duttons games in charge that should be enough for the board to act

2 Likes

Nah give him 10 games next season and give everyone else an head start.

On a serious note I can’t believe I’ve seen people suggest who would we replace him with? :joy: literally anybody the answer. 12% win rate is taking the ■■■■

2 Likes

'Nuff said.

Holden was our saviour . Dutton did nothing good. Seriously we only won cus of Holden and a oss wonder goal. Well done Holden!

1 Like

Dutton “bigger task than I thought when I came in January.”

“We didn’t recruit as well as I thought we should’ve that month.”

“Injuries to key players haven’t helped.”

2 Likes

January 2019?

The bloke is full of excrement

It’s as if he has wiped from memory his time as Assistant.

Why will he find out in a week or two, should be tonight, not sure what the board have got to deliberate over!

Oh, and if Dutton has the answers if he is given a transfer window, I dread to think what the question is.

Feel sorry for Dutton here, LP has hung him out to dry!

1 Like

Surely Brian Dutton had more than a say in transfer windows as an Assistant Manager in the last two years? (Gaffney, Lavery…etc).

1 Like

Yep. People talk about what a miss Holden is. Holden was injured in December. Before the transfer window. Were him and Clarke onto Pomlett saying “we can’t afford to lose these players without recruiting?” If they were why did he take the job and spout off about promotion? Weren’t Clarke and his team responsible for bringing Osei-Yaw, Jayden Reid and Wright as suitable replacements?

Pomletts made bad decisions, but Dutton seems to want to take credit for signings made before he was manager but also play the “I haven’t had a transfer window” card. Zero sympathy

1 Like

If they keep Brian on they deserve every bit of the backlash and more,as a chairman and a businessman he’s clearly made the wrong call by declaring that Brian has potential and that HE was the first to see it.Leigh needs to carry on being open and honest as he has been in his videos and admit he’s massively misread this appointment and made a mistake,he will get more thought of if he does and it will at least lay the foundations for the repair job.

1 Like

If Dutton goes I get a season ticket. If he stays I don’t. Simple

6 Likes

Yep I’m not getting season ticket with Dutton in charge.

1 Like

Dutton didn’t have an easy job but my God he was about as ■■■■■ as he could have been. For such an amazing, future top coach he showed little to nothing.

Clarke-lite, all bullshit no substance.

1 Like

I don’t Mazza. Dutton had players at his disposal who would comfortably have made mid table at least. He f**ked around with the team and the system game after game, sometimes two or three times in a game. No one understood what he was trying to do. The penalty for being man of the match, was sitting on the bench next time out.

Out of his depth. I trust and hope that we have now seen the end of the Clarke / Dutton regime.

6 Likes

Dutton took the gamble himself. He had the offer of work elsewhere we were told. He wanted to be a manager and had 20 games to show something. He knew the gig before he took it. I don’t see how he could have done much worse in all honesty, I reckon we’d have got as many points with a random fan off UTS picking the team for each of the 20 games. How many of the games out of the 20 did we have one or two shots on target at most? I can’t see how it can be a serious consideration to keep him on unless we want more of the same next season.

9 Likes

Dutton clearly though the squad was good enough when he took the job and he told us so - we all remember the comments about playoffs and failure.
This alone proves to me that Dutton has no idea.
Sack him tonight, the clock is ticking and we need decisive action

3 Likes

That’s not why I feel sorry for him though, for me he should never have been given the job.

It was a cheap decision and he’s took pelters from day one. LP should have done the noble thing and took him out of the firing line weeks ago.

2 Likes

We didn’t score a goal in 10 of Dud’s 20 games…in this league.

Keep him in post and that form table will be next year’s league table.

The first thing we’ve got to do is appoint a manager that can arrest our downward trajectory, reconnect with the fans, provide some entertainment and then go from there.

No way Dutton can tick those boxes.

6 Likes