Emmanuel Osadebe

We won’t be able to get a programme anywhere the way things are going - I couldn’t get one that day and ended up getting off eBay.

I will never forgive Forest Green for breaking my run of a programme at every game I’ve ever been to!!

Spot on. He would be the last colleague you would want in the trenches so to speak.
I told an Albion supporter that Sawyers has talent and would look good in a successful team format but wait for the Tuesday night match in February when it is below freezing and the team is struggling. That’s when you see the real character or in his case you regrettably don’t see it at all.
A friend who supports Stoke has recently seen that sort of trait.
Someone said he was athletic!!
Presume that was a misprint.

He claims that before the war he and his ragged arsed mates used to stand on the railway bridge to watch the little bit of the pitch that was visible, then sneak in when they opened the gates for the final few minutes.

During the war he says he saw a few of the stars of the time when they did the guest player thing for exhibition matches (competitions being suspended for the duration). And then afterwards he remembers watching and being a big fan of Doug Lishman.(more than Gilbert Aslop but he was at the end of his career by then of course).

Later on when he was working and had a group of mates who all supported different teams, they would rotate around to watch games at all the different local clubs - and make a weekend of it if one of them was playing down in London on a Saturday (if they weren’t at the races somewhere - one of his lifelong mates being a jockey).

Then he met my mom and settled sown a bit (although they would sometimes go to watch Wolves reserves because one of his neighbour’s sons played for them) and didn’t start going again until he took me along the very next home game after the Man Utd replay win in 1975 (so we could get the vouchers to buy 4th round tickets against Newcastle).

Because of peer pressure, my younger brother was a Wolves fan at the time (happily he grew out of it) so when he was old enough to go to games too my dad would alternately take us to the Street End at Fellows Park one week, South Bank at the Custard Bowl the next. When Walsall played there in the 80s though we were among the away fans, and any clashes of both being at home, Walsall was the choice.

After my brother saw the light and became a fulltime Saddler there was only one place we went. :grin:

Even though he’s a season ticket holder (already got his early Bird for next season) he doesn’t always come to every home game as he and my mom spend a fair bit of time at their caravan in Wales (he’s still driving). I’ve got him a Firestick and a VPN so he can still watch the games when he’s away (though, according to him, he then has to put up with the bad language from my mother also watching with him :rofl:).

9 Likes

Thanks so much for relating these tales. This, THIS is what supporting Walsall is all about. What wonderful memories you have and will always treasure.

I’ve so many wonderful memories of matches, and the days out they involved, with my Dad, all through the 70s, 80s, then my son as well into the 90s and the new millenium. Of course we have enjoyed the good times on the pitch but, in the end, it’s all about these connections, these bonds, that hold us all together.

And, just to keep it on topic and not incurr the wrath of the mods, I’ve seen players much more deserving of criticism than Osadebe over all of those years!!

1 Like

Osadebe is cack and will be somewhere like Halifax or Chesterfield next season if he’s lucky

1 Like

This, THIS is also totally irrelevant to the point and complete nonsense to try and claim you have a better handle on what it means to be a Walsall fan.

And no, I haven’t seen many players more deserving than Osedebe. He’s absolutely shite, and half arsed with a poor attitude and regard for his own fans.

3 Likes

Osadebe is a prick. Rubbish on the pitch. A weird little cretin off it. Can’t wait until he goes away.

1 Like

I still think Flynn sees a player in him and will offer a contact
If you were osadebe would you want to sign it though?
I personally think he will be at Brentford or Salford next year

1 Like

I think your assessment is right. 3 managers and a DoF have all now seen something in him. But your assessment as to whether he will stay is almost certainly spot on as well. He may go on to laugh at us, he may go on to sink into non-league obscurity. We shall see.

Ok mate I’ll see you at one of them because I’ve also promised @RedandWhite that we would pop in the railway for one of them as we’ve joined as ISSA members now and haven’t even visited the railway yet so be nice to see you again for a couple.No proper job though this time what do you drink in the saddlers suite?

You should have asked. I did - initially asking steward atbour end where their club shop was for after the game but he reckoned they wouldn’t have any so radioed his gaffer who came over and said he’d sort me one. Halftime and there he was with one he’d had signed by both sets of players - and gave it me free! I made a point of going down to find him at the whistle to thank him again - excellent customer service going over and above their obligations to a visiting supporter that needed acknowledging.

I take your point about FGR this season (being all eco and saving trees) but it was Mansfield that stopped my run last season. Obviously we weren’t able to attend in person but I iFollowed every game and most other clubs did at least an electronic one that I was able to get posted to me or download/3rd party printed. FGR only did a gatefold glorified teamsheet, but it was Mansfield who were the first ones who did nothing at all.

Banks’s mild - if it’s on (only sponsored by the bloody brewery yet it’s not always guaranteed they won’t run out a couple of hours before kick off).

2 Likes

I did ask and got directed to club shop for after the game but as your steward pre-empted, there were none.

This is progress apparently!

1 Like

Dipped in and read a few posts and it only makes me glad I made a conscious decision to not to read and post on this forum anymore. A few points

Unbelievable that my Osadebe wind up is still the subject of much debate. No fun anymore is there?

On the Osabede subject. There have been far worse players than him this season. He’s been offered a contract elsewhere next season and guess what… A bigger club than Walsall but not the Premier League for all who fell for that one.

I don’t enjoy this forum anymore, particulary reading the prolific posting of one person who reletenlessly muscles in and bullies every debate into submission.

I think we will have a better season next season but progress will be slow.

Best wishes to all. Its definetely an over and out from me

3 Likes

Has he f**k been offered another contract elsewhere :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Could be the quickest contradiction I’ve ever seen. Even for you :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I particularly love when he tried to claim that ridiculous premier league take as his own joke.

2 Likes

He has. It’s from sporting Khalsa

5 Likes

Pish :smile:

2 Likes

Tara

3 Likes