Exeter City (A) - Tue 2nd March, 7pm

Last season matches v them were very high scoring…one down there was 3-3 wasn’t it?

Little confidence in things at present so 2-1 defeat.

Action with regards Dutton is a long way off. I can only see a change if we got sucked right in to a relegation scrap and by the law of mathematics that is not going to happen just yet.

I just think the tinkering of formations and players are DC in disguise and just repeats past mistakes.

I don’t know that it will take that much. I think they assumed they’d win one or two of the first 5 games and people would be, at best, not arsed one way or the other.

Judging by reactions to defeats and games recently that could not be further from what has happened.

Wasn’t we 3-0 up at their place that day?

Yeah. I was hungover to ■■■■ and had already booked on with Bowesy on his coach so went anyway, ended up sitting somewhere on my own away from everyone like a miserable bastard, then had the misfortune of seeing us ■■■■ that up.

Lovely pub we went to down the road mind, proper nice.

3 Likes

I think we’ll win tonight. Exeter are a team that seem to have an annual battle against promotion that usually starts about now and its about time selection/formation bingo turned up a winning ticket.

I just wonder who is fit. On Saturday, Melbourne was clearly carrying an injury, as I think was CCM who replaced him. Wright was limping before the end and should not have been left on and the only reason I can think of that Vincent was out of the squad altogether was injury. It wasn’t the sort of game to give Perry a run out - we can do that when we are safe. With Kinsella missing too…

I think Perry has forced himself into this team. He looked as effective as anyone else, rather than a charity run out.

2 Likes

Yep, looked like he actually wanted the football to feet, which makes a change. Hope he starts again tonight.

I would like to see a 4-3-3 along the lines of:

Roberts

Norman
Scarr
Sadler
Melbourne

Perry
Bates
Vincent

McDonald
Gordon
Wright

1 Like

Fair question about injuries, but I don’t agee about Perry. The way we’re going that might be only one or two games, or in an absolute nightmare situation none at all.
Is the first game of next season one where we are safe?
Perry is little, or no more of a risk than anyone on the evidence that I’ve seen.

2 Likes

And when you realise it was his first game for 5 months due to injury and COVID I thought he did very well.

4 Likes

How many formation changes tonight ?

Which deserving starter will be bombed from the XI or match day squad

Can’t wait :joy:

1 Like

With our strike force a bore draw is the best we can hope for but we all know what the saddlers are about, play crap for weeks then Bingo great result UTS.

I would imagine that it’s Roberts’ turn tonight after he’s been unnervingly steady for the last couple of games.

3 Likes

I’d drop Gordon and Lavery start (can’t believe it’s come to this😂) with Wright and Mcdonald either side.

The midfield has to be Perry Bates and Vincent.

Melbourne if he’s fit should start but the rest picks itself.

Let’s keep trying to be positive, as bad as we are I dont think we can be acccused of setting up in a negative style despite the poor results lately. Oh and please no clanger tonight Mr Roberts…

1 Like

Problem is, you could argue whatever formation and line up he chooses tonight you could argue it’s a change because of the amount of times we have flipped between them.

It was the worst part of Clarke’s reign (yes even worse than the after match interviews I’d complain about every week) and I was hoping Dutton would change that, even defending him for the first 3 games saying he was changing but at least it was the same formations he was using. Until Saturday, when he tried two he hadn’t used yet.

Whatever formation he puts out you can argue it’s a change from the start of the last game, or the end of it, or the game before, or the end of that game. Because they are all different. In a way, it doesn’t even matter at this point.

1 Like

I think we’re all just hanging on in faint hope, that at some point the changes will stop.

I’m going for an unlikely win and clean sheet. 2.0

Wasn’t hard was it mate considering the competition would you go as far as picked ahead of Bates when Kinsella is back?

White instead of Norman
Norman instead of Perry
Lavery for Gordon.