Fans back in stadiums?

Does that mean if they got through all those tests that they all free of the virus :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I honestly don’t know mate? maybe as a holiday isle that depends on tourism, they want to be seen as taking as many precautions as they can so as to prove to other governments that they are safe to visit.

So if people are classed as okay and free of the virus why can’t they come into close contact with each other instead of the 2 metre distance or what ever it is now once they are allowed either in a holiday resort or a football stadium .

The tests are supposed to show if you have the virus yes :man_shrugging: , and if you don’t have it why can’t you be mixing with others that are free of it ?

1 Like

I think those are the questions we need someone to be asking in the houses of parliament mate

2 Likes

Pre-season Friendly I take it. Was there many there? I’m assuming Rushall will be allowed 600 fans when their season starts, in a ground with less than 2,000 capacity. Already ironic that they had fans last Saturday when Walsall didn’t and presumabley the same will happen on September 26th when both are at home again.

1 Like

Pointless having temperature taken as myself and husband never had a temperature when we had covid, daughter had one slightly high reading during the two weeks of her illness.

1 Like

Yes it was a friendly. Probably around 200 there give or take.
It is odd and they are even allowed away fans.

I saw something on either Twitter or Facebook today? a picture from the Barrow game, no fans allowed in the ground, but i think it showed another game going on behind their ground with all the fans watching the Barrow game through the fence :flushed:

If we were still at Fellows Park we could watch at least half the pitch from the bridge! Or indeed pay the owners of the terraced house behind Wallows lane end to use their upstairs windows!
Still of the opinion that it will be at least 2021 before we are allowed back in stadiums, the recent increase (of course there’s an increase were testing more folk!) will have the parliamentarians wobbling with fear again.

1 Like

If that happens there may be fewer fixtures to complete as some clubs may not be here.

Looking like 1000 fans will be let in for the Orient game.

It’s a start I guess.

Yes, she forgot to mention that those were the rules for England. The Scottish SNP Government are allowing shooting up there. The government of Wales have also granted an exemption from the rules. Wales is run by the errrr, Labour Party!

I think unless the politicians haven’t imposed some kind of local lockdown there has to be fans in versus Orient, otherwise as I said up the thread you have a situation in the borough of Walsall where Rushall are allowed 600 in a ground that holds around 2,000, and we arn’t allowed any in ours that holds over 11,000. How could that be explained with any logic or reference to the science of stopping a virus?

Mind you cases are “rocketing” in Wolverhampton according to the council…up to 57 per 100,000, or if you prefer 7 more than the false positives you would get if the tests were 99.95% accurate :joy:

1 Like

Yes, 264 actually and, yes, the theoretical maximum was 600 (never likely to happen, unfortunately!).

Hednesford have been allowed 300 for their friendlies which have been sold out. They are selling tickets online only you cannot pay at the gate as you need to complete track and trace forms.
Has anyone looked at stafford rangers Webb site they have been raising money by selling shares, fans have been been paying for virtual matches including admission, a virtual programme, a virtual pint and virtual food which includes VIRTUAL CHIPS. They have also been running a membership scheme so you rank after season tickets holders for any match tickets

1 Like

We have had virtual chips at the bescot for years :smile:
I thought that Hednesford town was up for sale?

The tweet was totally dishonest as it did not mention the other 29 sports exempted such as football etc. On the DP today we had the sight of Pete Wishart of the SNP attacking the Tory government on this whilst defending the SNP’s stance. Hilarious hypocrisy especially as it was pointed out to him that his constituency probably had more shooting venues than most and many jobs there depend on those wicked English people going to Scotland to shoot!!!

2 Likes

How are they going to choose which 1000 season ticket holders will be permitted to attend?

Maybe do it on the basis of the first 1000 fans that bought will get to the first game then the next 1000 the next game etc etc?