Fans back in stadiums?

Good point…the whole thing is bonkers. Imagine 1,000 in say Villa Park . It would not be worth opening up the stadium for that. Even in our ground !,000 scattered around the 4 sides would prove what exactly? I think the EFL should be making the strongest possible representations on this to the government. It is accepted by most scientists that virus hardly spreads outdoors and with proper stewarding our ground would be perfectly safe with 3,000) fans in it. Personally I would suggest going higher than that but the panic stricken lot in government won’t allow it!

Well the Home Secretary has announced on national media today that if your family of four stop in the street to talk to say…your brother or sister’s family of four it’s a crime that should be reported to the police. Unless there’s a broad exemption granted for spectators at sporting events, (which in iteslf would make a nonsense of what’s she’s said, and indeed the whole “rule of 6” scenario) there’s going to be some busy stewards.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s only the Orient game that they will be trialling with the 1000, then our first game in October at home with the 3200 (Government depending)

2 Likes

In that case they could either go with the first 1000 season tickets sold or a draw?

Hopefully it’s the first option as I bought mine in the first week :grinning:

2 Likes

The police don’t come out if you say there is an intruder in your garden or next door’s alarm is going off so I will be interested to see if they attend many of the rule breakers. Someone ran into the back of my car a couple of weeks ago then drove off. My husband called the police and they said they don’t deal with it, to go through insurance! This government are an absolute disgrace with their stupid rules. Covid doesn’t appear in schools, offices, funerals etc but if you meet in the street it is straight there to zap you - ridiculous.

1 Like

Our next door neighbour had a party a couple of weeks ago, there were about 30 young kids in their garden? the music was loud and annoying, and carried on past 12.00 am, as we were going to bed we noticed a large police van outside their property, with about 6-7 officers.
As i was cleaning the drive the next day, the women next door came out to say sorry for the noise and asked me if it was me that called the police.
I said if i had a problem i would go to her face to face, not hide behind an anonymous phone call.
She said she thought as much, but they didn’t attend because of the noise, it was the breaking of the covid law.

2 Likes

Never mind, the toffs can gather for their disgraceful hunting parties without police being called.

I have sold my purdy’s in disgust :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

Agree it is pointless i know someone who had a bad dose of covid and never had a temprature i reckon they are missing loads of cases due to only going on 3 key symptoms yet in other countries they list up to 20 possible symptoms we are behind in that respect with only 3.

1 Like

Igot mine on 22nd Feb. When did they start selling them?

I didn’t realise they were on sale that early, I thought it was the 1st March for some reason. Must have been around the 22nd then mate.

We’ve missed out on a pilot game as the following 10 games have been approved. All taking place on Saturday.

Championship
Luton Town v Derby County
Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
Norwich City v Preston North End

League One
Blackpool v Swindon Town
Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
Hull City v Crewe Alexandra
Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town

League Two
Carlisle United v Southend United (13:00 BST)
Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
Morecambe v Cambridge United

Morecambe getting their whole fanbase in!

3 Likes

Luton have turned down the chance to run a pilot because they say there is insufficient time to prepare!

We aren’t at home Saturday,I think our request was for the game against Leyton Orient.

I think that’s is fair enough. Difficult to organise around that ground too.

1 Like

Just up the coast for me, but cost me £27 for a ticket for the last match! (and that was for a senior!) Do they think they are in the Prem?

Hmmm. Ask one day, told the next - doesn’t seem to me like the EFL are the real reason for them not being able to cope, more like an excuse.

They only “lost” 24 hours* from the time to get the ground ready for an even more reduced crowd than they should have been planning, if not already doing the work, for a return in October. According to our own OS, our preparations for that are well advanced so very likely we could have sprung into action to do a cutdown version for Saturday if chosen - so why not Luton with even more resources (and TV income etc by dint of being in the Championship)?

*If the EFL only put out the request at noon on Tuesday, how soon after would Luton have needed to be told by before it was too late for them to do the prep? And if it was so tight for them that they can’t do it now, why put an application in to start with? Or why not say “We need at least this much notice if chosen” on it?

1 Like

Perhaps everyone was going to have to enter through that completely weird entrance at the away end!